London Premier Walking Tours
Review Highlights
Fabulous Underground Treasure Hunt

We participated in an Underground Treasure Hunt as a group of 7 friends. We had an absolute blast... read more

Reviewed 14 October 2018
Loulou174
London, United Kingdom
Friends day out

7 of us did the treasure hunt on Saturday and really enjoyed it. I liked that you see parts of the... read more

Reviewed 17 September 2018
wflintstone
Leeds
via mobile

All reviews treasure hunt jack the ripper tour cryptic clues prize giving london treasure green park station great fun tube map subject matter taking photos birthday present few hours challenges cliffs master knowledge facts
Reviewed 31 July 2015

With only 2 weeks’ notice to plan my event, I stumbled upon the London Underground Treasure Hunt idea by chance and boy, am I glad I did! The ever knowledgeable Scott was able to expertly provide information on how the event works, general logistics and costings for up to 100 people for a bespoke corporate event.

Ten teams of approximately 5 – 6 colleagues competed in a race against time. Well, 2 hours to be precise. We were met at the starting block at Green Park by the Master of the Hunt (aka the brilliant Cliff) who provided us with instructions and our information pack.

After gathering in our teams and making our introductions, we headed off with our first clue, roaming and exploring Zone 1 and being careful not to be outwitted by the devious Agent Orange, who was trying to lead us astray and deduct points from our teams.

The highlights for me? Getting to know my work colleagues in a fun environment, trying to work out the cryptic clues, exploring the London Underground, and racing against time. Oh and everyone was a winner as Cliff had prizes for everyone – yay!

The downside? The underground system can get mighty hot down there. We were lucky that the weather was moderate otherwise it would have been much much worse in bowels of London. I would suggest taking a small bottle of water, just in case.

The overall verdict? – 10 out of 10 and well worthwhile. All the participants were singing the event's praises. I’m definitely signing up for another event!

Date of experience: July 2015
8  Thank No1snoopyfanuk
Reviewed 26 July 2015

An excellent evening on the London Underground Treasure Hunt. Our father and daughter team had a lot of fun and really got into it (and I'm not biased by our 4th place!). Definitely appealed to my crossword mind but nevertheless was simple to participate. The hard-working Master of the Hunt was a gas, and obviously a lot of time and effort went into the whole evening. When we do it again (and we will) we'll probably wear more comfortable shoes. Can definitely recommend this.

Date of experience: July 2015
6  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 24 June 2015

This is an effective way to see parts of London that are not on the typical tourist's itinerary. The guide has to be reliable and that may be a crap shoot. The group is not too large. The pace is just right. I saw street art and the gentrification of old London backstreets.

Date of experience: July 2014
5  Thank Roy V
Reviewed 18 June 2015

A very well organised treasure hunt. Just the right amount of time was allocated, and there wasn't time to be bored! I'd highly recommend this as an alternate way to spend an evening, and we were fine doing it just as a couple. The clues can be quite tricky at times so try and think creatively!

Date of experience: June 2015
5  Thank cocodude
Reviewed 12 June 2015

Had such a good laugh at this last night.

Myself and two mates were running around the London Underground solving the cryptic clues, learning stuff about London I didn't know and keeping an eye out for secret agents.

It covers quite a wide area on the underground and is just over two hours long so you need good footwear. We missed a few clues but did quite well. Our size of party worked with one reading the tube map, one taking photos and all of us trying to solve the clues.

The master of the hunt is an act Britain’s Got Talent has yet find, he’s hilarious and keen to give even those in the bottom 10 prizes.

Will definitely be trying some of the themed hunts later in the year.

Date of experience: June 2015