London Premier Walking Tours
Review Highlights
Fabulous Underground Treasure Hunt

We participated in an Underground Treasure Hunt as a group of 7 friends. We had an absolute blast... read more

Reviewed 14 October 2018
Loulou174
London, United Kingdom
Friends day out

7 of us did the treasure hunt on Saturday and really enjoyed it. I liked that you see parts of the... read more

Reviewed 17 September 2018
wflintstone
Leeds
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around London
from US$18.40
from US$32.00
from US$43.80
from US$88.40
More Info
All reviews treasure hunt jack the ripper tour cryptic clues prize giving london treasure green park station great fun tube map subject matter taking photos birthday present few hours challenges cliffs master knowledge facts
Reviewed 1 September 2015

I am a Londoner born and bred. However I now live in Cardiff. Decided to do this as we had a Saturday free when we were due to be In London for the weekend.
The company kept in touch via email and to also tell us our start time had changed from 1pm to 4pm 3 weeks in advance.
Cliff was our tour guide. A naturally personable and funny guy.
Just short of 3 hours on The Kings,Queens and Politics Tour in and around St.James,Birdcage walk and Parliament Square. LOADS of interesting facts and history to try to remember.
Highly recommended. We will book another tour with them soon.Jack the Ripper?

Date of experience: August 2015
4  Thank MarkyMark383
Reviewed 27 August 2015

Boring Waste of money don't waste your time or money!!!
None of the real places where the events took place still exist.
The pros:
The tour started right on time Nice little talk and drive on double decker bus to starting point. Off the bus with a rather fast paced walk. Really liked that part but we had a couple of people with canes and walking issues on the tour.
Tour was to be walk in the footsteps of Jack the Ripper and hear the story.
The cons:
The guide jumped around so much I had no idea was he was talking about.
Tour was to be 7pm to 10pm. We started at 7pm and ended at 9:30pm ( a half hour short). The guide suggested we go into the pub and have a pint or two.
The guide also told us he had a long hard day and would be dropping us off at the pub Sherlock Holmes. We could find our own way home from there! It was dark and 9:30 pm when he dropped us off after asking for a "thank you" in the basket as we got off the bus. We were so disappointed. Definitely didn't receive what we paid for. This was the fourth tour with premier tours our agent pre booked for us. This was the worst. We loved, loved loved the trip to Windsor, bath, and Stonehenge with David and Kevin! Our tour to the Tower of London was way too short and our tour to Saint Paul s cathedral was very good and the guide was very knowledgeable. Just beware, not all tours are good. Not all guides are good and this company is unpredictable!!! You can take the on off bus to see London. You can do the Tower of London on your own! All museums in London are free and you can get to them via the tube with an Oyster card or the blue line of the on off bus. Be sure to do a two day pass so you have time to ride the free on off water cruise and enjoy Greenwich. Just watch your time not to miss the last boat and bus back to your destination. I wish I had all this information before we came to London for the first time. Good luck and enjoy your excursions more than we did.

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank Stoneboxers
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Cliff was our tour guide during the Jack The Ripper tour some months back.
He was really excellent. With dry wit, somehow he kept us entertained for 3 hours.
I believe he no longer does the J the Ripper tours but he now does the Kings n Queens tour.
Enjoy!

Date of experience: January 2015
5  Thank nams84
Reviewed 31 July 2015

With only 2 weeks’ notice to plan my event, I stumbled upon the London Underground Treasure Hunt idea by chance and boy, am I glad I did! The ever knowledgeable Scott was able to expertly provide information on how the event works, general logistics and costings for up to 100 people for a bespoke corporate event.

Ten teams of approximately 5 – 6 colleagues competed in a race against time. Well, 2 hours to be precise. We were met at the starting block at Green Park by the Master of the Hunt (aka the brilliant Cliff) who provided us with instructions and our information pack.

After gathering in our teams and making our introductions, we headed off with our first clue, roaming and exploring Zone 1 and being careful not to be outwitted by the devious Agent Orange, who was trying to lead us astray and deduct points from our teams.

The highlights for me? Getting to know my work colleagues in a fun environment, trying to work out the cryptic clues, exploring the London Underground, and racing against time. Oh and everyone was a winner as Cliff had prizes for everyone – yay!

The downside? The underground system can get mighty hot down there. We were lucky that the weather was moderate otherwise it would have been much much worse in bowels of London. I would suggest taking a small bottle of water, just in case.

The overall verdict? – 10 out of 10 and well worthwhile. All the participants were singing the event's praises. I’m definitely signing up for another event!

Date of experience: July 2015
8  Thank No1snoopyfanuk
Reviewed 26 July 2015

An excellent evening on the London Underground Treasure Hunt. Our father and daughter team had a lot of fun and really got into it (and I'm not biased by our 4th place!). Definitely appealed to my crossword mind but nevertheless was simple to participate. The hard-working Master of the Hunt was a gas, and obviously a lot of time and effort went into the whole evening. When we do it again (and we will) we'll probably wear more comfortable shoes. Can definitely recommend this.

Date of experience: July 2015