“Value for money”

Neighbourhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Reading, England
“Value for money”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

A really pleasant environment for pre/post theatre afternoon tea. I would say definitely one of the best venues for a good value meal.

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty take on Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I took my niece and her partner here when they were visiting London recently. We decided to try the Viennese Afternoon Tea and it was a real treat. The savouries were a delicious mixture, one of which was tasty cheesy biscuits with a soft cheese sandwiched between them. Light flakey and very moreish. Instead of scones (which are available), we opted for the Gugelhupf, a traditional sponge like bun with poppy seeds. This is served with Apricot jam and cream. Lip smacking good, even my niece who is not a great lover of Apricot jam, ate it all up happily. The cakes were fresh and tasty. As well as good flavours and presentation, the tea is just the right size to eat mid-afternoon, especially if you are planning to have dinner later. The portions though not large, were satisying it felt like a treat. An additional bonus lies in the fact that because it is a relaxed cafe, my niece's partner was able to enjoy a Frankfurther and some wheat beer at the same time. Everyone is happy. This was not my first visit to this Cafe, but it was my first experience of their afternoon tea. I have previously enjoyed light savouries lunches and taken home a selection of the delectable cakes. An all round good place and I am busy looking for a reason to go back for tea again soon!

• Visited March 2014
“Slightly disappointed!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Read about this cafe in a book, checked the trip advisor so was expecting great things! However reality was a little different, although good not great.
Found a table, then waited and waited finally menus arrived. Order soup, cake and coffee. What came was soup with tiny piece of bread, a small slice of strudel, and coffee that was coldish. Lovely place just didnt match up to the hype.

1 Thank MedTravelling
Norfolk, England, UK
“A lovely place for coffee and a snack.”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Quaint and atmospheric with delicious coffee, pastries and snacks. The service was also very good on our 2 visits. My only complaint was that the quiche was not available "for a week" we were told despite being on the menu.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Favourite tea and cake”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Love coming here for a nice afternoon tea and a cheeky cake. My husband loves the chocolate muffin & I love the vanilla cheesecake! Absolutely delish!! Such a lovely place to sit and relax. The hot chocolate is also super delish too! Previously we had to order at the counter whereas now we can order from the waiters if we're dining in of course. Great place

• Visited April 2014