“Excelent food and very nice staff”
Review of Garnier - CLOSED

Garnier
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We went to Garnier for my husband's birthday after this restaurant had been recommended to us by a few friends. It did not disappoint. Very nice food and very attentive staff, not completely convinced by dessert list but our chaud-froid was fine.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Dinner last night (maybe 8-10 meals there since it opened) was as good as ever - top quality menu/ingredients, impeccable service, always interesting specials on the menu. The wine list is really good too, with lots of choices - we like that the lower priced wines are of a much higher quality than you'd normally expect around the £20-£25 mark in this area. Not done the lunch offer, but walk past/read it most days and it looks good value. Agree with others that it's the best restaurant in Earls Court - definitely recommend.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We have been going to Garnier since it opened. Great atmosphere, attentive and excellent staff, and most importantly excellent French Cuisine! I have yet to experience anything on the menu that wasn't amazing. Their Sunday Brunch is very well priced and still provides a pleasant ambience. Outstanding wines as well. We are really lucky to live right around the corner. Special place as that is where we got engaged! Try it, you'll like it.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

their French brasserie food is fabulous , and the staff excellent and polite.There is a particular wine on the list which is a steal at 31 quid - the Moulin a vent, Domaine de la tour de Bief [ Vincent Girardin].
it is available at around 20 quid in the shops, so they have underpriced it.It is the best Beaujolais i have ever tasted.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

There is nothing fancy about this restaurant - simple décor, food on plates like it's meant to be eaten rather than an art piece. But that is part of the beauty. It is good, simple, absolutely delicious food.
Went on a Friday evening c.9pm - it was quite quiet but the majority of the patrons that were in there were French (always a good sign, I think).
I had the snails to start - really tasty - followed by the veal which was also delicious (although I did feel slightly rebellious as it came with a foie gras sauce - which although very nice, made me feel like I had picked the two most morally corrupt things on the menu. Anyway I digress...)
My companion had the salad to start which was just how it was meant to be and then the fillet steak with bearnaise sauce. And OH MY WORD it was potentially the best steak I have ever tasted, ever. Cooked to perfection.
Can't remember which wine we had but that is fairly insignificant (it was nice though).
Book! Go! Enjoy!