“Good Service but Industrial Food”

Cote Brasserie - Hampstead
Ranked #2,700 of 23,242 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

After visiting Cote I came across an article about the restaurant chain in a business newspaper. The headline was something like “It’s not just about the food”. That’s just as well because, based on my experience, I can’t imagine why anyone would visit Cote for the food!

Clearly the staff had been trained to offer slick service and be reasonably friendly; all in a “corporate” sort of way. The general ambience is quite pleasant. The menu is unchallenging and French-ish, although I’ve never seen a menu like this in France. The food gave the impression of having been cooked in a central kitchen somewhere and reheated prior to serving. The house wine was awful.

If you are seeking a pleasant place to sit down and eat something to stave off hunger, and don’t care very much about what you eat, this place may be for you. Otherwise there are much better restaurants close by.

1  Thank LondonXyz
There are newer reviews for Cote Brasserie - Hampstead

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My previous Cote meal (Knightsbridge branch) was not a great success - see review , however The hampstead branch came up trumps and renewed my faith in Cote.Your opinion may depend on what you choose to eat.
Last time it was fish -very small and no carbs, this time it was chicken and cous -cous. Do not miss the fig tart-or the home made creme brulee both exceptionally good .

We were greeted by the manageress taking time out from her meal at about 5pm. Service was pleasant and excellent. Wine was good and was nicely chilled.We chose from the lunch menu.

Because we left so hungry last time we ordered some bread - very good indeed,
but this time not really neccessary to fill yo up.

Exemplary.

Excellent value

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Menu not bad but food not great
The food was disappointing the fish was oily and the chips scarce
Used to like it there but not so much now

2  Thank caroline509
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Cote's arrival was a great plus for Hampstead. Very good food, friendly service and very good value for money. The restaurant has a very nice, continental atmosphere. The whitebait, which is one of my favourite dishes and which I find impossible to cook well at home (even when I can find whitebait in London) is often on the menu and always perfect.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We recently arranged to meet up with some friends for dinner at this venue and we had a lovely evening with thoroughly enjoyable food and very good service. Two of our party had the Soup of the Day which was Tomato, I had the Smoked Salmon with Dill, Shallots, Baby Capers and Creme Fraiche Dressing and one of our friends had Warm Roquefort Salad with Endive, Walnut and Crouton Salad with a warm Roquefort Cheese Dressing. We were all very pleased with our choices and then went on to select our main courses. I chose the Fish Parmentier which comprised, Cod, Haddock, Prawn and Salmon in Cream, White Wine and Leek Sauce, topped with Mashed Potato and Gruyere Cheese. Absolutely delicious. My husband chose the 10 oz Chargrilled Sirloin Steak with Frites (there is a choice of Sauces if desired) and our friends chose Salmon Fishcakes with Baby Spinach Salad, Dill and a Wholegrain Mustard Sauce and Roast Duck (served Pink) with Gratin Potato and a Griottine Cherry Sauce. We all enjoyed both courses and ended up having a very relaxed and happy time at this very nice venue.