“Visiting our daughter”

The Westbridge Hotel
Ranked #95 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here on 25th to 27th October 2013, we went to London to visit our daughter who lives there. Hotel was lovely and clean, staff friendly and helpful and we could park our car in the next doors (Gala bingo) car park for £10 per 24 hours. We found the room (standard double) pleasant but a little warm for us, we would have preferred it if the air con could be set cooler, however our stay was very pleasant and we will stay there again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Westbridge Hotel

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed at the Westrbridge for four nights this month. I would stay again. The rooms were clean and fairly well decorated, the restaurant was cozy, and it was close to the tube stations. Compared to other London hotels I found the price to be agreeable. The staff was also VERY trustworthy! I left a sweater there and they emailed me to tell me, and they offered to send it!

If first impressions are the most important, Monika from the Westbridge Hotel really defined this hotel well! Before checking in, I made the unfortunate error at getting off at the wrong Stratford tube station. I proceeded to wander around (with my 40 lb bag) in the rain and cold for half an hour before finding the hotel. I entered the lobby looking like a drowned animal, and at check in found my credit card was acting up and was declined! I was cold, wet, and on the verge of tears and Monika worked with me to get the whole situation resolved quickly. She could have just shrugged the whole situation off and told me to fix it myself. Instead she helped me get everything sorted. I cannot explain how much I appreciated this high level of service.

The rooms are a decent size, nicely furnished, and have newer bathrooms. There are a few restaurants near by. I highly recommend the Chinese one down the block, but would skip the Lebanese one.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here for 1 night and was pleased with my choice. Front desk staff were friendly and efficient making for a very speedy check-in.
The room was furnished to a very high standard and very comfortable. The room was small, maybe compact is a better description but it was perfectly adequate.
Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel with no daft registration process is a real bonus.
I ate in the restaurant which they call the Coffeehouse. That's probably a good description, the evening menu had half a dozen main courses to choose from so isn't extensive. They do not have an alcohol license so it is water, fruit juice or soft drinks. My food was served extremely quickly, was well cooked and delicious.
Breakfast was a well stocked buffet with a wide selection of cereal, cooked and cold dishes to choose from.
The staff in the Coffeehouse, like their front desk colleagues were very polite and helpful at all times.
I'd happily stay here again.

1  Thank AlMcKinnon
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The Westbridge is a very comfortable and friendly place to stay. You can tell that customer service is very important to them. My room was at the top of the old part of the hotel. Great big deep bath and lots of hot water. Good toiletries. Thick fluffy towels and joy of joys a brilliantly comfortable bed. The roadworks outside were less welcome but really out of the hotels control. But it may be worth popping some earplugs in the rooms for guests at the front. Staff at breakfast could not have been friendlier and the young man at reception sorted out a problem with my booking in no time at all. All in all for the price, the closeness to Central, Jubilee, Overground, and DLR this is a really good value hotel I'd highly recommend - Sara

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2013

New hotel in older buildings. The rooms are well appointed, moderate size. HD TV, Internet, complementary water, coffee, and "biscuits". Plenty of pillows and a comfortable bed. Small restaurant. About a 10 minute walk from Stratford transportation station gives easy access to downtown London. Westfield Mall provides shopping nearby. Relatively inexpensive for the London area. Tube access makes it a good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The Westbridge Hotel is a very nice hotel and quite clean by London standards. The only problem is, that they weren't able to fix our air conditioning system.
After the first night in the room we complained that our room was getting incredibly hot (27C). The friendly staff told us that they would look into that. When we came back later that day the small window in the room was open. Because of that the room cooled down a little bit. But still the air conditioning wasn't fixed. The room was close to the street so we had to close the windows for the night it was like sleeping in a sauna again.
The next morning we went to the reception and urged them go solve this problem. It was (still very friendly) said they would but in the end they didn't.
On the third morning we complained again. The result was the same. I really can't recommend staying in the hotel if the rooms heat up like that. Even when it is October. The only reason I am giving three stars is that the staff was quite friendly, the rooms did look nice, were clean and we're well equipped.
The question is if this counts anything if you have to sleep in a room that is unbearable hot.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2013

we recently stayed at this hotel for one night .located very close to the central line,city airport ,westfield shopping,& also good location if you want to visit central London.All the staff were helpful ,friendly etc during our stay.
we had lunch at the hotel ,which had a good choice of options for food,also well priced .
the room & bathroom have a modern contemporary feel ,good choice of films ,only £3.
the whole hotel is very clean & tidy. defo worth a try if u are visiting London .Compliments to Alla & her team .

Room Tip: parking available at gala bingo,£10 for 24 hours.great views from top floor & balconies.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple