“The Westbridge”

Ranked #103 of 1,067 Hotels in London
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Westbridge”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and accomodating staff. Nice, clean rooms with very comfortable beds. Breakfast was the best I have had with a wide selection of food. Very close to Stratford tube and bus station. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I must have spoken to 6 different people when trying to organise to pay for a room as a gift- huge pain & very stressful- after all this they charged my card & also my guests- leaving them v embarassed!!! This hotel left my in tears over the phone with them- and as a pregnant lady very stressed and upset- they have yet to offer any kind of apology or compensation for this absolute mess! Cannot believe the way they run this place

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Alla V, General Manager at The Westbridge Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. I was disappointed to read you felt let down by our service.
I would like to look into the matter and restore your trust with us, however without your booking details I am unable to do so. May I kindly ask you to contact me via email alla.vasjucenoka@thewestbridge.com or call 0044(0)2033274969.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Alla
Gautier, Mississippi
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed here for half term break at the end of October, and I was very pleased with this hotel. The service was great, and my room was very well equipped with a nice selection of coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits (cookies for my fellow Americans), water, a small refrigerator, and even the token mints on the plush duvets. The beds were comfortable, and the hotel was nice and quiet.

The only shortcomings the Westbridge had when I stayed there was that though you can control the air conditioning, it never seemed to get as cool as I would have liked. I do like a very cool room, and even if I set the air conditioner on the coldest setting, it never reached that temperature. The duvets are also very warm, so if you are hot natured, bring the appropriate pajamas for them!

As for the location, no, it's not in central London...but it is a hop, skip, and jump away from Stratford High Street station (the DLR), which will take you to Stratford station in less than 1 minute. From there, you can travel anywhere you like, or you can stay and shop until you drop at Westfield Stratford City.

Overall, I really liked the Westbridge and would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SEWhite113
Greve, Denmark
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had a fantastic stay at the Westbridge. The staff was friendly and service minded and the room fine (even though it faced a road and a parking lot, but that's OK since we only came there to unload our shopping bags and to sleep).

Also, the breakfast was incredible, and the hotel is placed 10 minutes walking distance from the seriously huge Westfield Stratford City shopping mall.

So.. If you're prepared to spend 30-40 minutes (walking to Metro included) to get to the center of London, then it's probably hard to find better value for money. And in that case, you could easily give this hotel 5 clean stars. But if you want to live closer to the city, then this might not be the place for you.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael S
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel has muslim owners. This means that they do not serve alcohol or any pork products (bacon or sausages) on the premises. There is no mention of this in the hotel information. If I had been aware of this at the time of booking then I would not have booked. We stayed in October and our room was unbearably hot, even with the air con. at it coolest setting We had to sleep with the patio doors open to make it bearable. This was not ideal as it was quite windy and rained most of the night. I mentioned this to the reception staff and was told there was nothing they could do about it. Glad we only stayed one night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Simon H
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel is in Stratford, very near to the DLR and the London Underground Jubilee line (5 minutes walk). The hotel itself is a little jem! The rooms have good size, they are clean and the room service is probably the best I have ever found! The breakfast is nice and with a quite big range of food to choose from. The only thing I would have to note, is that the room was too hot (although I lowered the temp) and it was really hard for me to sleep with the thick quilt that was provided...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ikalimac
Southampton
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Good service, beautifully clean, little extras. We stayed for 1-night only for business however we will be back for leisure as we feel The Westbridge is in a great location when we decide to visit The East End, Greenwich and the Westfield Shopping Centre.

Upon check-in we were given a warm welcome. Our room #503 was quite small but still big enough. Very tastefully done and lots of nice touches. It even has a huge balcony terrace which was totally unexpected and we would want this room again.

There was plenty of choice for breakfast from continental style to a full hearty English breakfast.

There is no doubt in my mind that The Westbridge is my type of hotel. A smaller boutique hotel is definitely for us rather than the bigger chains. Lastly, and in my opinion the real gem...its drawing room. What a lovely area to sit and relax.

Room Tip: Room 503. Room isn't huge but big enough with a huge balcony / Terrace