“What you pay for you get” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Brackenbury Serviced Apartments
Ranked #471 of 828 Speciality Lodging in London
london
“What you pay for you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I know this area of London really well and these apartments in a Victoria House is accessible from both Shepherds Bush and Hammersmith, theres a few pubs and bars near by and the gentleman who checked us in was pleasant and helpful. The room was a little snug, but everything was clean and modern, and for the price was a great offer. However, everything is from Ikea and is already looking slightly tatty and a little battered and someones curry from the night before was flagrantly wafting around the room. We didn't find it noisy and lets remember its a very good price afterall!

Room Tip: This is a great little apartment to stop at if you are going to a nearby gig, spend the money you sa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Not pleased with my stay at this property. Way overpriced for what is on offer. Photos on the website are quite misleading and don't reflect the studio or the building. Flat and building were smelly. Noise heard every time someone next door or upstairs walk or talk. Doors creaky so you can imagine the noise levels every time doors outside the studio or upstairs are touched. Not only kitchen appliances were ancient - e.g; One hob out of four works, and it takes a lot of effort to get it ignited -, the pots and pans were very rusty and are unfit for use!!! This defeats the whole purpose of renting out a studio, so that I have the tools I need to cook my own meals! The sink was old and disgusting, furniture broken and old, lighting poor and the decor quite uninviting. The only positive point is the a fairly smooth checking in

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 384Anonymous

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed a night here and we're very impressed with the location and facilities of these apartments. Clean, comfortable and with everything you needed. I would recommend Brackenberry to everyone and we hope to return here in the future. Thanks again. Ronnie and Lesley-Ann Connick x

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

++ great Location, storage facility after checking out and before checking in.

-- Tiny/congested single corner room, poor heating facility, discontinues Wifi most of the time in one night, no sound proof-noisy

Room Tip: Don't ask for corner rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank NavKrish
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

We were really looking forward to our stay here, as we visit London quite frequently and were hoping to find a place we could come back to...

I will start with a few of the positive things about this place. It is in a decent location, with relatively easy access to two tube stops. The houses in the area are very nice, and the office for these apartments is right next to a yoga studio, which might be nice to work into your stay. The beds were also quite comfortable. Great internet access.

Unfortunately, however, we stayed in a place set off from the office--I've seen reviews differing based on where apartments are located, and we may have been in one of the worst ones. However, I definitely recommend NOT taking chances--you could end up in our same situation and be miserable.

1) The minute we walked in the room, we were hit with a horrible smell. We opened all the windows to try and air it out, but the bathroom had MAJOR sewage issues. The situation was worse in the mornings and evenings (when you expect the building's plumbing to be in high use). We left the window open during the day, but it didn't really help. Even to use the bathroom, I was stuffing my nose into a towel so I didn't get sick from the smell--it really was that bad. I've had better experiences in Bolivia--and I am not being sarcastic.

2) The kitchen was very ill-equipped. In most (all?) apartments we have stayed in, there have been bare essentials. There wasn't even a towel or a sponge or soap, etc. It is a nuisance having to run to the store to pick these sorts of things up for the two days we were staying there.

3) The mold in the bathroom! I will upload photos later, but it looked like the shower hadn't been kept clean. Quite disgusting.

4) I agree with other reviews on the lack of decent customer service. He wasn't unfriendly per se, but it would be nice to have been slightly more welcomed. Also we mentioned the smell when we walked in the room, and he sort of dipped out before we could ask any questions.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Chaligny
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

clean & comfy, the size was just right, as we're there for a short stay, a 5 minutes walking distance from Hammersmith, located within housing area, so was sure it's a quiet & a safe place to be, parking was easy, right in front of the apartment.

Everything is working in proper condition (kitchen + heating system + bathroom). Just need to bear in mind, that there are guests also within the apartment, we only stayed at the unit, so there will be some slamming sounds from the front door. overall, it's a good place to stay for days.

Room Tip: it's a walk-up stairs apartment, so better choose the 1st floor and avoid the #01 unit, since yo...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank oween
Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have mixed feelings on this apartment.
The location was great at 14 Adie st Hammersmith ( note you meet them at a rental agency and then the property is about a 5 minutes away). The street is fairly quiet and only about a 10 min walk to the main station. There are a couple of corner shops nearby and a Tesco at the main station to stock up.
Things I liked about the apartment - we chose the luxury one that cost £110 per night which for a front one bedroom in London was a fair price:
The lounge, bathroom and bedroom where huge
It had enough space for our adult daughter to stay with us (she is living in London on a working visa)
Had most utensils, fridge etc needed for the stay.
It was quiet most of the time except when the owner was running up and down the stairs whilst renovating the other apartment.
The bed was odd as it rolled downwards on each side but suprisingly it was very comfy.
They had a huge sofa bed too that was comfy as well
That they came in every 3 days to clean

Some things I didn't like:
Sorry but the customer service is atrocious - we tried to get in early which I am fine that we couldn't so we left our bags there with a barely communication woman at the rental agency, when we cane back the door was wide open with no-one there. Complete access to our bags to anyone off the street. After waiting around 5 minutes a man turned up from outside and I only assumed he worked there. Once we established that he took our payment in full and then silently led us to the apartment. He gave no instructions at all and after asking about which door key it was he left. I then realised there were no instructions in the apartment for the washer/dryer (used the intermittent free Internet to find instructions on that model), no idea how heating worked as in Australia we don't have radiators in each room that a furnace heats, no instructions on the oven,no tea towels (used my own that I had purchased along the way) and cultury and dishes were kinda odd I,e a cake tin but only one large glass and rest small?!?very mismatched.
It also and confirmed this from the other one that I could hear being renovated that some do-it-yourself projects in the apartment had not been completed. It didn't affect us but at least finish of the wires and no globe hanging out of the roof in the passage way.

I think this was a nice apartment but could be fantastic with a couple of things tidied up:
A fact sheet in the apartment (how to etc)
Better customer service - this was great up till the visit via email but face to face not so good. However, they ignored an email about heating but not when I emailed to ask if we could leave the keys in the apartment when we left.
Complete renovations then hire out
WIFI kept cutting in and out need maybe for the apartment only rather than all of them (I assumed this as the signal was strong in the end of the apartment bedroom)

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe one bedroom - I don't think the normal ones will be that great
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family