“Great Salad, Great Prince”
Review of Ptooch

Ptooch
Ranked #9,967 of 24,254 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Holborn
Neighbourhood: Holborn
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Friendly staff, great variety, great value. A lunchtime gem! There is a lot of competition on leather lane but Ptooch stands out on value for me!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

a help yourself style buffet with so many healthy and tasty salads, hot dishes like pasta and a piece of fish - its lovely, well priced and ran by a lovely man!

2  Thank Beckanie
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Eating in London these days is delightful, and lunching on Leather Lane is fabulous. And Ptooch may be the star. You can, of course, queue for street food, but on a chilly, drippy winter day, you really want to eat indoors. The decor at Ptooch may be non-existent, the furniture may be primitive, but there is a roof, radiator, and a really warm welcome from the proprietor.

The reason to go, however, is the salad bar. It stretches all the way around the room -- roughly 30 options -- all fresh, with good ingredients imaginatively dressed. The cherry tomatoes in a mustard sauce transformed my day all by themselves. Freshly squeezed and blended juices looked great, though I went for the Limonata. There was a selection of hot fish and chicken dishes, too.

The value is amazing: £4.50 for a box that I struggled to finish.

Absolutely terrific lunch place. I will detour to eat there whenever I can.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I love this place. I have my pick of Leather Lane food outlets to choose from every lunchtime. But I invariably find myself at Ptoosh. They have a fantastic selection of fresh salads, grains, and Mediterranean style dishes to choose from. And usually a choice of Salmon fillet, Haddock and sometimes even a tuna steak. All served up with a smile. My favourites are the shredded red cabbage and the crushed avocado and baby tomatoes. Perfect for a balanced, tasty but filling lunch that doesn't leave you in a food induced coma for the rest of the afternoon. My Daddy Donkey loving colleagues have all been converted to Ptoosh too!