“The windows do not open”

Premier Inn London Blackfriars (Fleet Street) Hotel
Ranked #145 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This Premier Inn is situated in a quiet street between Blackfriars station and Fleet st.It has the usual excellent service,very comfortable bed and vast breakfast buffet.My only grumble was that the windows did not open and the room was hot ,we used the air conditioning and woke up with dry throats and sore eyes.The hotel is very convienient -walk into Fleet St for buses to most of the sights and St Pauls is walkable. Would we stay there again? Probably for the odd night but not longer due to the windows not opening(I gather it is a health and safety issue!)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Billy V, Manager at Premier Inn London Blackfriars (Fleet Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for Premier Inn London Blackfriars Fleet Street. I am delighted to read this review as I can see that this was you first stay with us and that we delivered the high standards you expect from a Premier Inn. We love to hear and read feedback from guests as it tells us what we are doing well and also where we need to improve. I am sorry about that fact that none of our rooms at Premier Inn London Blackfriars have windows that can be opened. This purely down due to the health and safety aspect and the design of the hotel. There is another Premier Inn close by that have windows that open if you prefer it, London County Hall is next to the London Eye and only 2 miles from us. Thank you again for the kind comments.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn London Blackfriars (Fleet Street) Hotel

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Stayed in Premier Inn Blackfriars for a 3 night London break. Have never stayed in this chain before so wasnt sure what to expect but based the booking on the generally excellent reviews this site showed.
Checked in quite late on our first night after getting lost! The hotel is literally about 2 minutes from the station so ideally placed but we werent entirely sure how to get in due to the refurb taking place at the main entrance...ended up going in a full circle and wandering around for a while before realising we had passed the entrance originally! The receptionist was on the phone so we used the check in self-service. Not entirely sure how secure this is as all i had to do was type in my surname but process was very quick and easy. Hotel room itself was lovely and clean and had a really nice smell, as did all the linen. It just smelled fresh and new and clean, heaven! Room was a little small, especially the bathroom, but this isnt a 5 star hotel so didnt expect it to be massive. It was clean and tidy and thats what mattered to me most.
DIned in the restaurant the second night as the Pizza Express we had planned on going to nearby was closed. Have to say that the pizza i had (boring Margherita :p) was delicious! Hot and crisp and lovely flavour, would definately recommend it to anyone who stays here.
Staff we very polite and helpful. Both weekend nights we came back and asked at reception for more tea, sugar and milk as only give out 2 teabags a day, and they gave us loads without hesitation. Only a small thing but if you like a cuppa (especially after a day walking round London) its a massive tick in my box :o)
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Only one downpoint is that everything seemed to shut in the evening and on Sundays, can only assume its because its more of a business district and caters to that clientele. Being so close to the tube tho its not a massive issue and theres a Tesco Express at the end of the road if you do get peckish!
Thanks for a great stay, will definately try another Premier Inn!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank asb1982

Dear Guest
Thank you for posting this 5 Star review and your positive comments about our clean and comfortable rooms, central location and staff service. Thank you for posting such generous comments in your review, which I have proudly shared with the team. It is certainly overwhelming to receive such fantastic feedback. We are delighted that you are now an advocate for Premier Inn after your first time staying with us! At Premier Inn we always strive to make our guest’s stay special through consistent service, products and above all clean rooms. We look forward to welcoming you the next time you visit London.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

great hotel within walking distance of everything and all the staff are great helpful and made our very special visit to London just that bit more special .
very easy to get to from the tube station less than a 5 min walk .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for posting this lovely review on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to read your comments and have shared them with our team. Our location has become an instant hit with both business and leisure guests and I am glad you found it perfect for your birthday celebration. I am delighted to read that we lived up to our usual high standards in customer service and clean bedrooms. It is great to know that you will choose to stay with us the next time you visit London and I look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Warm and friendly staff from the moment we arrived and throughout our stay. Clean and tidy rooms which was important as a family. Great breakfast, plenty of choice and everything was fresh and hot. Definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for writing this lovely review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms. Thank you for your generous comments and I can assure you that we are committed to provide you this service on your next visit. I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel during your next visit to London.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed for the evening of my christmas party - great location in central london, friendly staff, modern, large, clean room and great value for money including breakfast.
I would also consider this family options as I have two children who would have been comfortably catered for in the family room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest
We are getting lots of good feedback from families about our size of rooms being perfect for families of 3 and 4 and our basement rooms are the largest in the hotel. We love to meet new people everyday, especially families and it is very satisfying to know that we made your stay memorable. We hope that we can welcome you back in the future and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

This Premier Inn on 1-2 Dorset Rise London EC4Y 8EN is in a completely different league compared to other Premier Inns I have stayed at. The room layout was not as expected as there was no bath in the bathroom and no spare bed to sleep on. I would not stay at this particular Premier Inn again, but hope other Premier Inn experiences live up to my expectations as I have always promoted the Premier Inn brand to family and friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor. I can see that you were not impressed with our product at Premier Inn London Blackfriars Fleet Street. It is evident that our room layout is not to your liking and I understand that certain amenities that are essential for your comfort are not a part of our product. The room layout and amenities offered in this hotel are consistent throughout Premier Inn. Thank you for your feedback that our reception team’s knowledge and awareness needs improving. This is something we can certainly look to enhance and we will do the required training to improve on this aspect of our service. I apologise that we were unable to meet your expectations. Best wishes from the team at Premier Inn London Blackfriars (Fleet Street).

Reviewed 19 December 2013

The hotel was very family friendly and great value for money considering it is at the heart of London. The staff were very pleasant and helpful during our stay. Breakfast was good, what more could you ask for.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Billy V, Manager at Premier Inn London Blackfriars (Fleet Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your experience, I am delighted that you really enjoyed your stay. It is indeed pleasing to read that you enjoyed our central location and good value for money. I can see that you did take the opportunity to have breakfast with us and it was to your liking. I look forward to welcoming you back again during your next visit.