“Staff are delightful, hotel clean & tidy, location can't be beat”

Premier Inn London Blackfriars (Fleet Street) Hotel
Ranked #152 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Seoul, South Korea
“Staff are delightful, hotel clean & tidy, location can't be beat”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The staff at this hotel are among the best I've encountered anywhere: approachable, kind, helpful, and really genuinely want to be of service. I reserved a taxi but forgot to say I absolutely had to charge on a card, which it turned out the taxi service they use couldn't do. The lady taking care of this cancelled the cab for me, very nicely, without further ado. I was bracing for some attitude, I only got understanding and further advice about how to get to the airport on time. When I asked to keep my suitcase in the luggage room, I was reassured by their strict system (numbered tag, and the person giving me back my bags really checked the tag, and kept the room in secure lockdown). Whatever they do to select and train their staff, they should bottle it.

The room size is surprisingly big. The bathroom is very basic and tiny, but kept spotlessly clean. I had a top floor room so I even had a little view of the dome of St Paul's, and it was very, very quiet at night. Breakfast the same quality as Hilton Kensington. This is a businessman's hotel- lots of travelers with carry on luggage, like me. The location is absolutely fabulous (all my meetings were on Fleet Place so I could just walk to and from work), plus Tate Modern and St Paul's just 15 minutes' nice walk away.

For the foreigners - be sure to pack your own toiletries. In order to bring the costs down in this very prime and central location, they've cut out some things - minibar, fridge, in room ironing equipment, shampoo or conditioner (they do provide an all-in-one wash bolted to the wall which I am too vain to use). There is a Boots across the street that sells convenient mini sizes and there's a Tesco Express around the corner.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Seoulite2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a theatre weekend and it really was a great choice and excellent value for money. One minute from the tube station but tucked away in a quieter side street. A couple of mins from the embankment and we walked home from covent garden ( around 15 mins ) Upon arrival we were greeted over to the check inn desk and they kindly put us on a quiet corridor away from families for a peaceful stay. He asked if we needed any help or directions for our night out and couldn't have been more helpful ( only wish I could remember his name so that management could praise him!) reception is open 24hrs so arriving back after midnight was not an issue. Quality of room was as expected with all premier inns, very comfy and cosy. We had the all you can eat breakfast in the morning, the dining area was very busy but we didn't suffer for this, plenty of choice and quantity. The receptionist from the night before had remembered us and asked us how our show was, a nice touch I thought. Overall a very pleasant stay and wouldn't hesitate to book here again for our next London visit.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Checking was so simple for this hotel! All I had to do was type in my name and my room keys dropped down! The hotel was situated right beside the tube station making it easy to travel around london. Room had everything we needed and their was lots of choice for breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed there for one night. Very close and easy to find from Blackfriars tube station. The best Premier inn hotel I have stayed in to date. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room & en suite were very clean. Despite being in the City (which you would expect to be noisy) surprisingly I had a very restful nights sleep. Breakfast selection (optional) had a great variety of choice. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Husband & I stayed here for 2 nights during half term with our 2 granddaughters aged 12 & 8. Arrived by black cab from Kings Cross station as didn't know this area of London. Told driver Premier Inn Blackfriars however, we were dropped off at Premier Inn Tate Modern so may be wise to give full address including post code!
Checked in online previous day but when arrived at correct Premier Inn there were no family rooms ready. Not a problem though as only had to wait about 5 minutes & the Australian guy dealing with us arranged for free coffee while we waited.
Family room 417 was very spacious, plenty of floor space and extremely clean. Only downside was there was only 1 chair, would have been better to have 2. Husband always had to lay on bed as I grabbed the chair!
Good nights sleep, no noise heard from either inside or outside hotel.
Easy access to theatres and Blackfriars tube station, which was good for us as were went to see Lion King & visited The Shard.
Brilliant breakfast, quality food & plenty of it.
All staff friendly & very helpful.
All in all I would say this Premier Inn gives value for money

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cookienanna
Lucca, Italy
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Great welcome by a very professional, international staff. They had already opened up the sofa bed for our kids when we arrived at 7pm. Breakfast was nice. The location was fantastic, just next door to the train. The room was cleaned well, but could use a carpet update. Everything else was above expectations, and we'd most definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Derby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Great location, friendly staff, clean, tidy. Only problem is the bedroom windows do not open. With no fresh air the bedroom felt stuffy and the air-con was either freezing or roasting hot. On the up side, its 2min walk from Blackfriars tube.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple