“Cup final Weekend”

Ranked #142 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Larnaca, Larnaca, Cyprus
“Cup final Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

My mate and I where down for the Cup final and stayed here This hotel is very central and easy access to reach anywhere in London. Blackfriars station really close. The staff in this Hotel are really friendly and very helpful even Dan the Hull supporter. We had a meal here on the 1st night and was very good. very good staff in restaurant. Room was spacious and clean have used Premier inn before and will continue to use. Breakfast was really busy having to wait for table but not a big problem.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I really liked this hotel...the room was perfectly comfortable and very clean. The floor right outside the bathroom door creaked and made some noise but since I was traveling solo, I certainly wasn't bothering anybody! I also liked the location...very centrally located so I could walk to the Tate Modern, and Borough Market, and to Soho for dinner. Also very close to the Blackfriars tube station, which was very convenient. Really, for the price, this place is an amazing deal.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

As usual a typical Premier Inn comfort and cleanliness with smart,friendly and helpful staff. Ideal location for vistiors seeking Old Bailey Street but also good, local tube station and local amenity's. Overall great value stay with a great breakfast to see you on your way. Also has the facility to hold luggage for you all day with no extra cost or fuss.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

My fiancé and I stayed at the Premier Inn Blackfriars from February 13-17, 2014. We booked the room online through Premier Inn and paid several months ahead of time so we got a reduced rate which made it quite affordable, especially on Valentine’s Day.

The room was very spacious and clean. Lots of room for our suitcases and bigger than expected, especially in Europe. Double paned windows were nice so we didn’t get any traffic noise in the room, although the room faced onto a quiet street anyways. Nice heavy drapes to block out light as well. The bed was comfortable but could have been a bit softer but definitely still slept well. I liked the make up mirror with built in lights and outlets for blow dryer/straightener in the vanity outside of the bathroom. There was a blow dryer provided so I ended up using it. TV worked well and had lots of channels which was awesoe. At night, the hotel was very quiet which was great and they do fulfill their good night's sleep guarantee.

The bathroom was smaller but well laid out and extremely clean. Shower was nice and big as well. Very happy with the bathroom.

The location of the hotel was good. We were a 5 minute walk from the Blackfriars tube station which was SO convenient to get around London. Also around the corner from the hotel was a Tesco Express- a small grocery store with a selection of ready made sandwiches, salads and cold pasta and snacks and drinks. Also, a Costa Coffee around the corner, and a Boots Pharmacy (which was closed on weekends). My one dislike about the area was that it was a business district, so on the weekends there were shops and restaurants that were actually closed. Also, there weren’t a ton of restaurants around the hotel but within a 15-20 min walk from the hotel there were lots.

We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant one night, it was fine, but nothing to rave about, more convenient than anything. Service was a bit slow as the restaurant was full and it did not seem like they had enough servers. We did like the fact that there was also a bar/lounge section of the restaurant where we could have a few drinks and relax. We never did have breakfast at the hotel although it looked delicious.

The staff were friendly and helpful. They stored our luggage for us, and locked our passports and cash in the safe with no problems. We paid for the wifi, which worked well, too bad it wasn’t free like other hotels we stayed in.

Overall, had a great experience at this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again. Good value for your money in London. Definitely a good base for exploring London especially if you are willing to use the Tube!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alyssa9889
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I actually stayed in this hotel the first night they were open for guests so I've seen many times what the quality of service has been like and how it's changed.
Good news is that it hasn't changed. 10/10 on the first night and its been consistently good ever since. The location is superb, ideal for tourists and a great location for business meeting in the city or the west end. Tube station is close by.
The staff are great, knowledgeable and friendly.
Breakfast time can be a little crazy at the weekend but it's fine during the week.
Highly recommend for business or pleasure and the Thames is at the end of the street. Top place to stay if a little more expensive than the other Premier Inn locations in the Capital.

Room Tip: Great location for business or leisure.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The staff at this hotel are among the best I've encountered anywhere: approachable, kind, helpful, and really genuinely want to be of service. I reserved a taxi but forgot to say I absolutely had to charge on a card, which it turned out the taxi service they use couldn't do. The lady taking care of this cancelled the cab for me, very nicely, without further ado. I was bracing for some attitude, I only got understanding and further advice about how to get to the airport on time. When I asked to keep my suitcase in the luggage room, I was reassured by their strict system (numbered tag, and the person giving me back my bags really checked the tag, and kept the room in secure lockdown). Whatever they do to select and train their staff, they should bottle it.

The room size is surprisingly big. The bathroom is very basic and tiny, but kept spotlessly clean. I had a top floor room so I even had a little view of the dome of St Paul's, and it was very, very quiet at night. Breakfast the same quality as Hilton Kensington. This is a businessman's hotel- lots of travelers with carry on luggage, like me. The location is absolutely fabulous (all my meetings were on Fleet Place so I could just walk to and from work), plus Tate Modern and St Paul's just 15 minutes' nice walk away.

For the foreigners - be sure to pack your own toiletries. In order to bring the costs down in this very prime and central location, they've cut out some things - minibar, fridge, in room ironing equipment, shampoo or conditioner (they do provide an all-in-one wash bolted to the wall which I am too vain to use). There is a Boots across the street that sells convenient mini sizes and there's a Tesco Express around the corner.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Seoulite2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a theatre weekend and it really was a great choice and excellent value for money. One minute from the tube station but tucked away in a quieter side street. A couple of mins from the embankment and we walked home from covent garden ( around 15 mins ) Upon arrival we were greeted over to the check inn desk and they kindly put us on a quiet corridor away from families for a peaceful stay. He asked if we needed any help or directions for our night out and couldn't have been more helpful ( only wish I could remember his name so that management could praise him!) reception is open 24hrs so arriving back after midnight was not an issue. Quality of room was as expected with all premier inns, very comfy and cosy. We had the all you can eat breakfast in the morning, the dining area was very busy but we didn't suffer for this, plenty of choice and quantity. The receptionist from the night before had remembered us and asked us how our show was, a nice touch I thought. Overall a very pleasant stay and wouldn't hesitate to book here again for our next London visit.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple