“Great place to stay”

Premier Inn London Blackfriars (Fleet Street) Hotel
Ranked #168 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed overnight in London while on a theatre trip. Really pleased with the hotel's location, very close to the river, St Paul's and Blackfriars tube station with theatre land and Covent garden within walking distance. This is a new Premier Inn with the usual perfectly acceptable overnight accommodation without fancy London prices. We booked well ahead and got a special deal. Deals seem to be mostly available on Friday or Sunday nights so if you have flexibility go for either of these. We also tried their breakfast and it was a great bargain and excellent quality.
Highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,285)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the Premier Inn for 6 nights in July and were very pleased with the stay. The location is excellent as it is close to the Black Friars Tube station which makes it close to get to all locations. The tube itself, is also pretty great, very clean, reliable and safe. Premier Inn is located just a street back from the main street and was very quiet and peaceful inside, we all slept well. There are a few pubs in the area, and a Tesco very close by, we also had a delicious Indian meal just up the road.

We arrived in the mid morning, check in was quick and easy, and the room was available to us right away, which was good as we were expecting that we would have to wait until 2-3pm to check in. The staff were very friendly and the rooms clean and comfortable. We were given a 'disabled' room, as we were travelling with family and they were kind enough to put us next to each other. this room wasn't as nice looking as the other rooms but it was still okay. The hotel is nothing glamorous, it's not a romantic getaway or anything, and has a bit of a hostel feel, but it's all you need for a comfortable stay and I doubt you will be coming to London to hang out in the room.

You will have to purchase wifi and it can only be used on one device, this was a bit annoying. I sound spoilt but I think wifi should be for free in hotels, it is at McDonald's!!! I'm not the kind that it constantly on the internet, but you do need to do holiday research and a lot of the guests looked like they were on business trips. There is no minibar, which I don't use anyway, but I do like having a little fridge, which they didn't have either. They have vending machines and an ATM down stairs.

We had breakfast in their restaurant twice, it was okay. Overall I was very impressed by the quietness in the room! They have double glazed windows so you did not hear a peep from the street. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

premier inn is just fine - its a no frills budget hotel - so you'll need all your own toiletries. very comfy bed. very close to the office so convienent for long days. breakfast is surprisingly good - great variety and fresh.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were visiting from California, a family of three, and though we had visited friends in London in the past, it was our first time staying at a hotel in London. Not knowing what to expect, we were very pleasantly surprised.

The staff that maintained the cleanliness of our room were outstanding. They were friendly, unobtrusive and so efficient; my very meticulous wife had nothing but high compliments. Trust me, this is an accomplishment all by itself. As the organizer of the trip, I was often in the lobby asking questions about London and coordinating the security of our baggage. The staff named below went out of their way finding directions and didn't hesitate to assist in any other ways. But beyond that, I found them to be very authentic and warm people while maintaining a high degree of professionalism.

A huge thank you to Stella, Aneta, Sara and Kharish for making our experience in London a thorough pleasure and assisting us above and beyond anything we expected. It is primarily due to these people that I would not hesitate to stay again or recommend staying with Premier Inn. Great!

But what can they do better? I feel that online access while traveling has become a necessity. Not a luxury. Their policy of free 30 minutes should be increased to at least a couple of hours if not free just for travel research and coordination. They did have some issues with their wifi access. But those issues were quickly alleviated by the staff in granting us free unlimited access on our last day there. I feel so strongly about this that I decreased their "value" rating to drive this point home.

Lastly, Upon asking about certain high profile locations of London, some staff did not know about or had not experienced these locations first hand. Given the nature of the travel/hotel industry, their staff should know about their city. Its part of their job. I do not want to infer that there were any kinds of morale issues. However, either increasing their rate of pay so they can experience London the way that we did or having paid-staff field trips with their families to, for example, the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, National Gallery or Making of Harry Potter Studios, etc. This way they can share their perceptions of these locations with their clientele and increase staff morale even further.

Their staff was so excellent, I hope that the company would be prepared to reward them in some way. Knowledge is a great gift to be shared. Cheers

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David F
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Perfect hotel with attentive, friendly, hard working and polite staff. Great location for tube, night life, Thames, Southbank, St Paul's, West End, Parliament etc etc. 15 mins by tube from Euston. Go, you'll love it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel from July 15 to July 20, 2014.

The hotel is conveniently located close to Blackfriars subway station, and is a scant half mile from St. Paul's Cathedral.

The hotel is new, and while it does not have the ambience of an older hotel, it has all of the conveniences of a new hotel.

I was travelling with my sister who had accompanied me on a business trip to Rwanda, and we reserved a twin double room. Our room had a queen sized bed and a single bed, a desk and chair, and a closet/shelf console that also held the television. The television was not overly large, but on the positive side, this was the first hotel room I had been in in ages where the television did not dominate every aspect of the room.

The room was pleasantly decorated: dark purple blackout curtains over sheer curtains and there was a dark patterned carpet on the floor. The sheets and pillows (there were spares of different firmnesses on the console) were white. The beds were wonderfully comfortable, and both my sister and I had great sleeps every night that we were there. These great sleeps were also likely due to the utterly quiet nature of the room. We could not hear any street sounds from our room, which was a pleasant change from most of my hotel stays I have ever had.

There are signs reminding guests to be quiet in the hallways, posted in the vestibules that lead from the elevator banks into the hallways (the elevators are not too near the rooms so guests don't have to hear the ding when the elevator arrives). While one would think that this goes without saying, many guests seems to forget that they are not in their own homes when they return to their rooms late at night. Apart from some children running in the room above us one evening (and not for long either) we did not hear any guests while we were there.

The bathroom was absolutely spotless, which is always a good sign in a hotel. The toilet paper was a little odd to us - it looked like an upside down tissue dispenser, but that was ok.

The staff at the hotel, from the front dest, to the restaurant staff were all very friendly, and polite. Our room's cleaning lady was very nice and accommodating, and as I mentioned, our room was very clean, and our bathroom was spotless.

We opted to purchase the breakfast package along with our room, and we felt it was, despite its cost, a worthwhile thing to do. We could have gone out in search of breakfast every morning, but the convenience was worth the price. The breakfast buffet was extensive. As vegans, we were completely able to have a good breakfast, and there was soy milk to have pour on cereal or to have with tea or coffee. Also available at breakfast were Quorn brand veggie sausages, a rare treat, very much appreciated.

If I had one criticism of our room, it would be with the bathtub. The tub and the tub surround were unusual to a Canadian's eyes, although they may have been completely normal in England. The tub itself was not as deep as the tub surround was high by what seemed like a good four inches, and that meant that the distance to the floor was kind of far - at least as high as my mid-thigh, and I am five feet six inches tall. I am a completely mobile senior, but I know that a climb like that out of a shower would be difficult for many seniors. I don't know if there was a walk-in shower available in some rooms. If you are a senior, or a person with mobility issues, I would definitely request such a room.

All in all, I think this is an excellent hotel: I appreciated the location, the cleanliness of the room and the bathroom, the breakfast, and the friendly staff. I will absolutely be staying in this hotel the next time I am in London.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Location was great 2 mins walk from the tube. Staff very friendly and helpful - not over the top! Room very clean and comfortable, tea and coffee provided and hair dryer in room. Iron and ironing board available but not in room. Very quite in the hotel noise level wise. Over all a great place if you want to get away for a weekend in London at a reasonable price with great service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends