“Bad attitude and Rude”

Add it.
Movida London
Ranked #1,070 of 1,308 Nightlife in London
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I went with my friends to the club where a friend of mine who is a promoter for the club put us all on the guest list. At first the staff are really showing rude to us already, for no reason. Ridiculous.
The 'clipboard' woman who had a face like a slapped bum was extremely rude and the bouncers were extremely aggressive. She didn't even let my Nigerian friends to get in at first. CRAZY!
We went in and it was not too crowd before 12, and we got a table. Until around 1 a.m, people became more and one of the staff told us to move away rudely.
We asked about the reason, and she just answered "No reason just you shouldn't be here".
We stood in the street and the bouncers told us to move even though it was a public place.
They then began using disgusting language and threatening us, especially the clipboard woman(no wonder why she can only be the clipboard woman).
We went elsewhere and had a great time. The girl who was the promoter for us (who promised free entry and free drinks, table, too good to be true I know, but hey! we paid by our drinks after we went inside) was a no show. It is evident they just used us to make the club look popular. I have been to China Whites, Funky Buddha etc before and never had an issue.

7  Thank PuiLee

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I went to Movida with some friends a few weeks ago, was on some sort of list as one of my friends is a promoter there. Initially we all got in fine, although the staff were very unpleasant, except one person from our group was separated and got left outside.When I realised I informed the woman at the door and told her I would be right back, she said fine, I retrieved my friend, came back and was stopped by the very same doorman that had let me in just two minutes previously. I told him my name, he said 'I don't give a [--] who you are, get to the back of the queue'. Completely baffled I got the attention of the girl that I had spoken to and had given me a stamp, and tried to reason with her, she looked at my blankly and said 'its down to security who they let in, I don't know who you are.' So we were outside in the rain and were walking away when I saw my promoter friend come out and speak to the security who finally (and begrudgingly) let us in.
I don't know why I bothered trying to get in! It's a small, pretentious and very out dated venue, with an awful DJ and really bad staff. We had a table with complimentary bottles, after being there around half an hour they told us we had to move to make way for 'a big spender' ...some tiny guy and all his mates covered in gold chains. It was actually pretty funny. So we finished our drinks quickly moved over to the dance floor and made the best out of an awful night.

I don't recommend going there, unless you're looking to get in an argument with the worlds most aggressive bouncer and the world's most orange, forgetful hostess. But you know, if that's your thing then go for it!

4  Thank George W
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Reasonably priced drinks on a Saturday £10 for a double and mixer. Music was good, door staff were a little up themselves and rude. But the club itself is fine once your in. Would go back for a night out there again.