“Spacious and central accommodation”

Go Native Hyde Park
Ranked #251 of 946 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent choice for living in London! Near by Lancaster gate tube st. and easy to get around. Nice appartement with all nesseceries, also dishwasher and washing machine. Very good standard. Nice and friendly staff.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Grethe197
Guest Services G, Manager at Go Native Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Hello Grethe197,

Thanks for your review, we always appreciate positive comments! We'll pass these on to the staff, too.

Go Native Hyde Park is in one of the best locations in London, good to hear it had everything you and your family needed - we'd be very happy to welcome you back sometime.

Thanks

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed here for 1 night on business and was very impressed. The staff very lovely and helpful and gave a really warm welcome. It was easy to find too from the station.

The apartment was spotless and very snazzy. The bed was comfy and the location was great.

Room Tip: All rooms are fab
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Ciaran B, Manager at Go Native Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Hello Danielle,

Thank you for your review – It’s lovely to hear that you enjoyed your night in your snazzy apartment and it had everything you needed. We have lots of guests who stay at Go Native Hyde Park for leisure breaks, too; it’s an incredible area to explore.

Thanks again.

Heather

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We only stayed for one night on a flying visit but would have liked longer in this very well equipped self catering apartment. We were in the lower ground floor without the elegant views from the front of the block but it was very comfortable, clean and most of all convenient for all the Central London attractions. Although we ate out in the evening in the nearby Edgware Road, had we known the quality of the kitchen area, we would have brought dinner with us. It was good to have a relaxing breakfast in our "own" place.

Just off Hyde Park, we were able to grab some hire bikes in the morning and enjoyed a sunny trip around the park before packing up and off. Would definitely stay here again - easy to book, pleasant welcoming staff and everything in place!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Paul,

Great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us, thanks for leaving a review.
It’s lovely you felt it was ‘your place’- even on a short stay. You don’t find that in a hotel! There’s always good food to be found in London, and a bike ride around Hyde Park in the sunshine sounds like a wonderful way to spend your morning!
Next time you book you’ll see a very new website, packed with lots of ‘local gems’ to help you experience the neighbourhood.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Go Native Hyde Park in the future.

Kind regards,

Heather

Reviewed 24 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the weekend with friends and we were really impressed, really friendly helpful staff, apartment clean, we had the added bonus of a terrace which was great in the lovely sunny weather in London this weekend! Apartment was small but had everything we needed for the 4 of us, would definitely recommend and return too, great location too.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank northroph
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Firstly, I wonder if some these people stayed in the same place as me! We arrived at 3.30 on a Saturday to a lovely, friendly welcome. Over our one night stay, as we popped in and out, I saw 5 people on reception, all of whom were friendly and helpful.

The location is fantastic. Very close to Lancaster Gate and Kensington Gardens.

We were on the 4th floor(room 410 I think...). Room was good and clean. Wi-fi connection was good.

There were three adults sharing. I had the sofa bed, which was very comfortable. If my friends had been there without me, they wouldn't have found the extra bedding though (handily stored under the sofabed, which is where common sense would probably lead you).

The kitchen had more than enough facilities for a one night base but we could happily have stayed a week.

It was nice having the extra space while getting ready so we could lounge around and drink etc before going out.

I had trouble turning the tv off, but we turned the volume down rather than concern reception with it.

A lovely stay. I'd recommend it and stay again. I looked it up for this week when I visit London again but it wasn't available so we're trying other apartments in Pic Circus.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2014

First of all, I've stayed here for 3 days only. Upon arrival at around 1-ish, the receptionists kept me waiting with another guy in the lobby. I doubt that all rooms were still being serviced by that time. Overall the receptionists were not very friendly. Their website says the rooms are ready for check-in as of 3 PM, but I travel a lot, and it rarely happens that there is no space available. My fellow traveller asked after 2 PM if there really is no room free, and they 'accepted' us checking-in, but one after the other though there were two receptionists. I did not feel very welcome at this place.

Anyhow, once I checked in I got lost with their lifts, but they just kept me wandering around instead of pointing out the right door to my floor.
When I opened the door, the maintenance guy was still changing light bulbs. That's been quite surprising.

I've booked an apartment with extra space, and the layout of the apartment would be great - if they'd keep it clean. It's all basic furniture, nothing fancy, but all you need when travelling for work. But three things I did not like at all:
1) there is carpet everywhere.
2) this carpet has a lot of visible, big stains which could easily be brushed off.
3) the sofa beds have the same disgusting stains - and nobody seems to bother.
No idea what this filth is, but I don't really want to know, it's very off-putting.

The bathroom is superficially cleaned - the floor is not exactly clean, same goes for the tiles. You can see toothpaste, cleanser and everything everywhere. The black bathroom floor tiles are worse, and they don't seem to get a decent wipe. Lucky me I always carry flipflops.

It's a shame to see such a central space, that could have easily become a home for a frequent business traveller, so badly maintained.
I rate this space 'average' based on size of the place.
But it deserves a 'poor' for cleanliness.

I will not go back.