“Impressive place and food”
Review of The Banc

The Banc
Reserve with OpenTable
The Banc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #769 of 24,439 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fabio and Jan opened the doors of The Banc in 2011 - reclaiming it's status on West Green Road (it used to be a former Barclays Bank), which inspired the restaurants name and renovating it with love and care to add some much needed pizazz to the area. A Burger & Steakhouse Restaurant with a touch of fine dinning and a labour of love for two young men, two local boys who went to the local school opposite the restaurant and decided to give something back to their community. Beautifully layout out over 2 floors, The Banc has an opened kitchen, contemporary decoration with hints of pearl white and red walls on one level and a black and white theme on the upper level which is superbly decadent and romantic. Fabio & Jan pride themselves on fabulous fresh cooked food, friendly, passionate and personal service. You will always see them either at the restaurant or outdoor lounge entertaining their guests. At The Banc the freshest produce, fish and matured meat are combined with the highest quality ingredients in order to create mouth watering dishes with unique presentation. With such fascinating dishes there is also a credible wine list and home-made desserts. We welcome your visit and hope to earn your repeated custom. Fabio & Jan
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have tried this restaurant following the previous opinions from tripadvisor and we have to say there are completely right. It´s quite surprising to find a restaurant like this in the area. The restaurant is nicely decorated, with on live music (on friday) and a really good service.
The menu is sufficient, but frequently renewed. The portion and food quality is really good, even more for the price you are paying. I would recommend this place to anyone who live nearby. It´s not only turkish food, it´s mostly mediterranean food and also its famous hamburguers.
I really enjoyed this place.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I had arranged a night out to celebrate our 100 year mark as a company and settled on the Banc. Though we gave them very short notice for 26 odd people they were more than happy to help me and to cater for us. On the night everything went smoothly, the drinks were served and not too long after the food arrived. It was all so delicious. I had lamb shish which was served with rice and salad...lovely food. Other colleagues had chicken shish, lamb meatballs, vegetable moussaka and sea bass fillet. Everyone was so pleased with the service, the smoothness of the night, the décor...everything was perfect! Then out of the 26 people 8 of us stayed for the shisha, which again was great. The service in the shisha garden was just as nice and pleasant as the restaurant staff. They were all so helpful and friendly. In not so many words....I couldn't fault anything because everything was great. THANKS a million to everyone there, we all had a wonderful time.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I'd like to recommend The Banc as "the place to eat". I'm in love with the food! Quality friendly service with a great atmosphere all the time! I'd highly recommend anyone going there to try a new dish on every serperate occasion, as you can go from having the tastiest burger to the most delicious burgers and more on offer! However I must admit I'm a huge fan on the lamb chops!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

No nonsense food served in large portions. Nothing is too much trouble for these guys.

Would be nice if they sold large bottles of Efes though.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Although I live only 10 minutes walk away I had never been to the Banc before. It was recommended by friends but I was rather dubious about dining out in 'downtown Tottenham'. We had lovely food and wine and the waitress was very pleasant and helpful. This is a stylish looking place with a modern feel too. Please support this local business which deserves to do well.