“Bento Balham”

Add it.
Bento
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Went here last night for the first time after walking past for years! The service was good and the food was very tasty and a good price. I had a chicken bento box and it was huge, I couldn't finish it all. My friend had ordered a takeway from here before and apparently it was horrid so I was very sceptical but this must have been a one off! I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This restaurant is ok if you fancy a ramen but I would not recommend the bento box. The rice was very sticky and the rest of the food wasn't great either. We had beef spring rolls as a starter and those were very good. Service was good.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I can't understand the good reviews on here. We have just finished a chinese meal from Bento and it was the blandest takeaway we've ever tasted. The crispy shredded beef tasted like sugar puffs - it was all batter with hardly any beef and was covered in what tasted like maple syrup. The ginger and spring onion chicken was flavourless with no hint of ginger whatsoever. The egg fried rice was wet and stodgy and expensive to boot at £2.70 per portion. The only nice bit of the whole thing was the chicken wings. Would not recommend this for a chinese meal. Maybe the sushi is better but after this experience I don't think we'll be back to find out. Really disappointed as we have just moved to Balham and are looking to find our new regular chinese takeaway. This is not it.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The food was excellent and the staff were friendly and attentive. The restaurant is clean and well laid out. At first glance the prices seemed a little expensive, but having seen the size of the portions, if I were to go there again I would share a main course as there is plenty for 2.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I tend to order delivery from Bento - which can sometimes take a while (45 mins tops) as I'm around the corner but is always worth the wait.

The sushi and sashimi is fresh and well put together. The sushi bento boxes are a great idea when you're not sure what to get!

One time I called up and complained my order was later than I thought it'd be and they sent the owner to run round and apologise with the order! Now that is taking customer service seriously!