“No comparison”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I made the decision to try this place based upon the fact that I have eaten at many of Jamie Oliver's eating establishments and that is where the similarity ends I'm afraid. The service was mediocre, for which I'm really sad about as we were really looking forward to it, it was almost like she really wasn't interested in what we wanted and we did wait a long time for her to deliver drinks and the bill we asked for. The food was ok, but nothing to shout home about, it was a decent piece of fish but I really didn't understand why the mushy peas were minted?? Maybe this was my fault for raising the bar so high after my many visits to JO other establishments! Shame really we won't be back! Oh and having to sit next to where the dishes (dirty) are sent to be washed isn't a pleasant experience!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

If you're so hungry and must eat, this is a fine place to stop in the middle of Covent Garden. The menu is limited - fish and chips were fine as were the chicken skewers. Small serving sizes though. Service was a little pokey. But it's a place to sit and watch the market action.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The title says it all really. The location is great: “inside” Covent Garden, with an “outdoor” feel, with the west end around you, it is great spot to experience Covent Garden. However, do not come here for the food: it is OK, but nothing special.

A 4 for location, 3 for the food, but a 4 over all as this is all about location, location, location.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I went here because it was convenient, looked friendly and accessible and, yes, because it had Jamie Oliver's name on it.

Well, I was rewarded on two counts: it was friendly and it was welcoming. However, the food (the Jamie Oliver part) was ho hum at best.

I had one of the signature dishes, the fish and chips with mushy peas, and when the mushy peas end up being the best, most flavorful part of the meal, that speaks volumes about the taste of the fish and chips! While the quality was there (fresh fish, non-greasy "skinny" chips) the flavor was nowhere to be seen. In fact, it reminded me of the fish fries of my Midwestern childhood... do-it-yourself taste and flavor provided by liberal use of condiments.

Still, not a terrible option if you're in Covent Garden, and want to soak up the atmosphere.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Ive been there once while I was in London. Went there because it's Jamie Oliver's resturant. the food was fine but very expensive..