“Amazing stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of South Place Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
South Place Hotel
Ranked #35 of 1,086 Hotels in London
“Amazing stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

I stayed here back in June for my boyfriends birthday and we had a lovely the time. All the staff from check in to in the restaurant were helpful and friendly. Food was amazing and the drinks weren't too badly priced either. We had breakfast the next morning in our room and it was beautifully presented and tasted lovely! Would deffo recommend!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank luton_kelly_1987
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear luton_kelly_1987,

Thank you very much for you feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted to read that you had such a great stay, and I hope we will be able to welcome you to the hotel again very soon.

Bruce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Arrived here for business meeting this morning at 0700 and was greeted by warm friendly reception staff. They had coffee supplied while I waited and were exceptional in their professionalism. Every member and hotel guest was greeted appropriately during my duration at reception. So again very well done to reception and hotel management.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Vinny O,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was really happy to read your kind words. Our staff are incredibly proud of the hotel and aim to provide the best service to each and every guest, and were thrilled to read your lovely comments.

I hope that we will see you at the hotel again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Love this hotel , have stayed 3 times this year . We had our staff christmas party in the private rooms the attention to detail was the best ! Our dinning table converted to a pool table the record deck with was a nice touch . Try the in-house Angler restaurant that has just achieved a Michelin star you won't be disappointed . Another fab restaurant near by is samba sushi the concierge at south place managed to secure us a table with a view of the London sky line . My three favourite little touches about this hotel are ,home made cookies with your coffee , bathroom toiletries from st clements in an over generous size ! and last but not least the staff .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear niche119,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments, we appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I was delighted to read that you had such a great time during your stay - it certainly sounds like you made the most of it.

I hope we can welcome you and your colleagues at the hotel again very soon.

Hinckley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Now my first choice for staying in London: Clean modern rooms, good location, great open air bar.

Arrived early and enquired if I could leave bags there, was checked in and bags taken, whist I was there and given access to my room as soon as it was available. Everything I could want.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank s22urf
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear s22urf,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback, it's great to see that we have won over another fan.

I hope to welcome you to the hotel again soon.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I'm normally a points/chain kind of person, but South Place hotel blew me away. The service from everyone was truly outstanding, whether it be personally showing me to parts of the hotel, opening up the bar to serve only me, calling down for some snacks, handwriting a personalized card, etc. The level of amenities and comfort was also outsanding, and no detail was overlooked. I only wish I could have stayed longer. Bonus: a great rate through Jetsetter as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Joseph T
Dear Joseph T,

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback, I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay so much.

I hope we see you at the hotel again soon.

St Austell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Finally got to stay for the weekend at this fabulous hotel which fully lived up to all our expectations. From the warm and friendly welcome each time we entered (thank you Maria, Saul and Paul) to the smart, clean and modern interior, this hotel is one of the best.
The contemporary design and stylish decor make for an intimate and luxurious feel which is fully reflected in the bedroom. Beds are large and oh so comfortable with soft goose down pillows and duvet to snuggle into. A spacious, black marble oasis for a bathroom has a huge bath, double overhead rain showers, wonderful toiletries (very generous in size and quantity and yes, I brought them home!), large super-soft towels and lots of thoughtful 'extras'. This is 'techie' heaven with remotes and buttons to press for everything, including the black-out blind on the window. Thankfully, it is not so technically challenging that I couldn't mange to work them all. We were impressed with the careful thought that has obviously gone into trying to provide for every need, including; 'night lights' in the bathroom, fresh lemon and lime to accompany the extensive in-room bar and, access to a private, guest only lounge and games room, in case you don't enjoy the vibe and buzz in the downstairs bars.
Breakfast is relaxed but efficient, with a good selection of choices on the menu. Be warned though, portions are huge! Dishes are freshly cooked to order and staff were happy to meet my request for poached egg and spinach to go with the traditional Arbroath smoked haddock which was delicious. Top marks also for lots of fresh 'healthy options' on the menu. The yoghurt and bowl of fresh fruits finished off my breakfast perfectly whilst my husband was more than happy with his 'full English'.
Although this hotel may be considered more suited for 'business' travellers, we feel it fully meets the needs of all guests who want a bit of luxury and pampering whilst visiting London. It is within comfortable walking distance of many London landmarks (St Paul's, South Bank) and close to 2 tube stations (Moorgate and Liverpool Street - tube and rail). Whilst it is quiet immediately surrounding the hotel at the weekend (some would find this a bonus!) just down the road is the busy and buzzing area around Spittlefields and Shoreditch.
We loved our stay here, finding it very convenient for getting around London and felt wonderfully welcomed and cared for by all the staff throughout our stay. Finally, weekend rates are very competitive for a hotel of such quality. Thank you South Place hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Lins1755,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback, we really appreciate it. I was delighted to read your kind comments.

It certainly sounds like you made the most of your stay at the hotel, and I'm glad that you were able to explore the surrounding areas.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at South Place Hotel last month. We had a club night at Duke's just a 15 minute walk form the hotel so it was the perfect location for us. The hotel is right by Moorgate tube, very easy to find and get aorund London from here, a good base.
When I checked in I was offered a drink and my bags to be carried. We were shown to the room, and shown how to use everything - TV is very modern and is even linked to a speaker in the bathroom ceiling, which is great because we had Kiss FM on while we were getting ready in the bathroom! The Bathroom was quite small but didn't feel cramped at all, nice big bath and a powerful shower, just enough light to see well but still be relaxing.
We stayed out til the early hours but the few hours sleep I did have were abolutely beautiful! The matresses are hypnos - what the Queen uses! Most comforatble bed I have ever slept in, i would rank it above any other hotel I have stayed in for comfort.
Nice little extra touches included yellow roses, half bottle of champagne, chocolate brownies and a hand written card welcoming us to the hotel.
The service was impeccable, very polite and friendly even at 5am! My new favourite place to stay in London, can't faul a thing!

Room Tip: We stayed in entry level, it was more than more enough space for a few nights and we had everything...