“Just wow, simply wow. This is how to deliver service.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of South Place Hotel

South Place Hotel
Ranked #37 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Just wow, simply wow. This is how to deliver service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I organised my 40th birthday at South Place recently and in all my years of staying in hotels it has simply blown all the others away. The attention to detail coupled with friendly and attentive staff made the planning and the evening itself a simply memorable experience. This is a chic, hip hotel with substance. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Pdutton,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback, I was thrilled to read that you had such a wonderful time celebrating your birthday at South Place Hotel.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Bruce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I am fortunate to have stayed in some spectacular hotels, Oriental Bangkok, Amanpuri Phuket, Mercer New York, and South Place has entered my very best top 5. The design concept and design detail and materials is beautiful, but manages to create a bedroom which is cosy and functional. Attention to detail extends from the fresh lemon to create your own in room cocktail, to the automatic blinds that deliver a perfect, dark sleeping environment. However it is the staff that make the difference between a good and an excellent hotel experience, and three days before I arrived I was invited to make any special requests, the lady on reception was charming and informative, the porter knowledgable, the inroom service efficient and understanding (I had a hang over). On leaving I admit to taking the shower/shampoo products with me, I was tempted to remove the entire bathroom it was so beautiful.

Room Tip: I cannot imagine there are any second class rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear bob_architect,

Thank you very much for your very kind words, we really appreciate them, coming as they are, from such a seasoned traveller. Our team were really pleased to read your comments, they all take pride in the fantastic service we offer each and every guest.

I hope that we will see you at the hotel again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Had a great stay on Friday the 13th and most excellent meal in the Angler resteraunt.
Service and food was impeccable
We were meeting colleagues from out of town and this location was 1st class ,this hotel really has the recipe to promote universal success

Room Tip: Anything from floor 4 up has better views of London as it is in a busy area
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear craig g,

Thank you for your kind words, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. I was thrilled to learn that you had such a great time when you stayed at the hotel.

I hope we can welcome you back soon, whether that is for a hotel stay, or just dinner.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

Just stayed in the hotel on friday 13th (room217). It was faultless, from the warm reception received from Brook and his team to checking out.

Its the attention to detail (celebrating my birthday) that people want and will remember...!!!!
The complimentary newspaper in the morning does arrive either pushed under your door
or just left outside, no it comes in a bag attached to your door.
The room and bathroom are amazing are and everything works...!!! From the strong complimetary wifi in the room to the electonic lighting and heating panel.
The staff (and i mean all of them...!!) could not be more helpful.
We cant wait to return and i will not stop anywhere else when visiting the capital.
The fact that it sits right on top of a tube station (moorgate) is just a bonus

Room Tip: If it has a bath in it , it will be the size of a small swimming pool, the rooms face either inward...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ian W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback. I was thrilled to learn that you had such a great time when you stayed.

Our team is incredibly proud of the hotel and the excellent service they provide to each and every guest, and were really happy to read you kind words.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

I stayed here back in June for my boyfriends birthday and we had a lovely the time. All the staff from check in to in the restaurant were helpful and friendly. Food was amazing and the drinks weren't too badly priced either. We had breakfast the next morning in our room and it was beautifully presented and tasted lovely! Would deffo recommend!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank luton_kelly_1987
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear luton_kelly_1987,

Thank you very much for you feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted to read that you had such a great stay, and I hope we will be able to welcome you to the hotel again very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Arrived here for business meeting this morning at 0700 and was greeted by warm friendly reception staff. They had coffee supplied while I waited and were exceptional in their professionalism. Every member and hotel guest was greeted appropriately during my duration at reception. So again very well done to reception and hotel management.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Vinny O,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was really happy to read your kind words. Our staff are incredibly proud of the hotel and aim to provide the best service to each and every guest, and were thrilled to read your lovely comments.

I hope that we will see you at the hotel again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Love this hotel , have stayed 3 times this year . We had our staff christmas party in the private rooms the attention to detail was the best ! Our dinning table converted to a pool table the record deck with was a nice touch . Try the in-house Angler restaurant that has just achieved a Michelin star you won't be disappointed . Another fab restaurant near by is samba sushi the concierge at south place managed to secure us a table with a view of the London sky line . My three favourite little touches about this hotel are ,home made cookies with your coffee , bathroom toiletries from st clements in an over generous size ! and last but not least the staff .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear niche119,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments, we appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I was delighted to read that you had such a great time during your stay - it certainly sounds like you made the most of it.

I hope we can welcome you and your colleagues at the hotel again very soon.