South Place Hotel
US$281
US$229
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$121
  • Restaurant
Days Hotel London- Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$94
Orbitz.com
US$127
PremierInn.com
1,107 results
All reviewsangler restaurantblack out blindsmoorgate tube stationgames roombang olufsenblackout blindshuge bathroom serviceliverpool streetlittle touchesfavourite london hotelhigh techrooftop barmini barthe ground floormood lightingamazing hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Spent a night here at the weekend when seeing a play with my son at the barbican. First impressions were very good. The staff were very polite and helpful. The hotel was very clean and well equipped with good choice of restaurants and was extremely close to the barbican. The room was clean well appointed and equipped. Overall I found the experience quite pleasant and wouldn't hesitate to return again. The only complaint I have is that I was under the impression that if having breakfast, it was a flat extra rate of £25. However I found that this was not the case and that there is a separate charge for each individual item, whether it is a cup of coffee or a glass of orange juice. This was misleading when making the booking and I feel that in keeping with most other places I have stayed, that a single flat rate for breakfast should apply. Other than this, no complaints

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear igmg,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time. I was so glad that you had such a good time when you stayed, and our team were delighted to read your comments.

We made the decision to offer breakfast on an A La Carte basis to allow guests a choice of items such as a traditional English breakfast, or a lighter continental breakfast and charging only for items which are ordered. All of our menus are available online and our staff are always happy to help with any enquires prior to your stay.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I recently stayed at SPH for a quick business trip to London and I was delighted with the accommodations. The room was very nice, modern and comfortable. I was very happy to have four breakfasts at the restaurant during my stay and they were delicious. The ground floor was always very energetic with a great bar, great food and crowds every time I was there. On two occasions I lingered at the bar before heading up to my room and each time I had a well crafted cocktail, entertaining conversation, and good people-watching. The bar staff are quite knowledgeable and I had a great time discussion ingredients with the head bartender Angel.

The general hotel staff are also quite lovely. They were happy to help with anything, welcoming, professional. They all seem to really enjoy being there and it shows. I hope to return for another stay in the near future.

Room Tip: The courtyard rooms get the noise from their 1st floor patio bar so if you want a quiet room get one of the exterior ones. And I would definitely recommend setting aside an hour in the evening to sit at the bar and ask Angel to make you something interesting. He will.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Todd C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such great feedback, I was thrilled to read that you had an enjoyable time during your stay.

Our staff are the most important element of our success and take great pride in the knowledge and excellent service they provide to each and every guest. They were so please to read your kind words.

I hope we will see you at the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Just stayed at South Place with my family for five days over Christmas holiday. Check in efficient, we were early and had to wait but were offered drinks and still checked in prior it listed check in. Rooms were very modern, spacious, stylish, immaculate, with supremely comfortable beds and great bathrooms (though you had to step down a bit to exit the shower). Nice toiletries. Staff were friendly with helpful suggestions for dining and sightseeing. We used Oyster tube cards for travel, they get you anywhere quickly so the location (2-3 minute walk from two different stations) allowed easy travel to anywhere in London. Only downside was exorbitant price of meals, room service and drinks at the hotel. Make sure you know what's "free/included" when you check in and be sure to check your bill on checkout. I'd still definitely stay there again, in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: They're all pretty quiet and soundproof, though higher floors (like 5th floor) and those ending in 01-03) on the east side of the hotel are quietest
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear kingjam,

Thank you very much for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to do this.

I was really pleased to read that you had such a great stay and were able to explore London. Our Concierge team are always happy to provide inspiration for trips both close to the hotel and further afield.

We try to offer something for everyone in both of our restaurants and give guests the choice of A La Carte and Set Menus, such as the 3 South Place Menu which offers 2 courses for £20 or 3 courses for £25, which we believe to be great value.

I hope we will welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I have considered very carefully and I feel I must give "poor".

I stayed at the South Place from 24 December to 29 December. Originally I booked the South Place King Room but on arrival I was upgraded to the Eldon room (room 512), which turned out to be a disaster.

First and foremost there was a leak somewhere in the room. Suspicion was first aroused when my guest approached the window facing South Place (as in the street: there are two windows in Room 512, one facing South Place and the other facing Dominion Street) and stepped upon some wet carpet. It was the first day of my stay so I thought it might had been the cleaner who negligently spilt some water earlier and I did not pay much attention. The true scale of the leak was not revealed until the early morning of 27 December at around 5:00 a.m. when it rained quite heavily in London. I was woken up by the sound of water dripping onto the carpet from the ceiling. I examined the ceiling and the curtains very closely and I discovered a disgusting yellowish stain, so the issue must have been around for quite some time but it was either unnoticed and/or no action was taken to remedy it.

The carpet was peppered with dirt marks and the doors of the wardrobe could not be closed properly.

In terms of service there were occasions of carelessness. On Christmas Day I ordered breakfast to my room but the staff overlooked the coffee and I had to call to remind them. Later that day I received 2 calls from I think the kitchen (not entirely sure who made those calls) asking if I ordered anything. I was really annoyed by the second call. If I said no it means no - you do not call the same person twice asking exactly the same question unless you do not trust him.

I considered giving it an "average" rating but considering the money I paid for that appalling room I think "poor" is a more accurate description.

That said however the staff were all friendly and attentive and due credit must be given.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank PCCheung

Dear PCCheung,

Firstly please accept my sincerest apologies for your disappointing stay at the hotel.

Unfortunately the unusually extreme wet weather we experienced in the UK during Christmas time has affected room 512 and we have worked very hard to fix the leak. Our Front Desk team are always happy to offer an alternative room should any issues arise during your stay.

I have also spoken to our Room Service Team to ensure that they always offer the highest standard of service. They would also like to extend their apologies to you that this was not the case when you stayed.

I hope that this has not put you off visiting the hotel in future, and I would be delighted at liaise directly with you and would be grateful if you could contact me on brucer@southplacehotel.com.

Renewed apologies and warm regards,

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

One of the nicest hotels I have stayed in, every amenity thought of and the most amazing toiletries. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Room was amazing. Biggest bath I have ever seen. Attention to detail was perfect. Handy for the underground from Liverpool street.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spirit1975

Dear Spirit1975,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much.

Hope we will welcome you back soon.