“An amazing designer hotel!”
Review of South Place Hotel

South Place Hotel
Ranked #42 of 1,063 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“An amazing designer hotel!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

From the first review I found for this hotel I fell in love and knew i had to book it! The hotel was amazingly beautiful. The bathroom was exceptional and a key selling point.

I would 100% book this hotel again!

The staff were friendly and helpful and recommended dinning options for the evening.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Mamtaxx,

Thank you very much for your kind words, I was really pleased to read that you had such a great time when you stayed.

I hope we will see you at the hotel again soon, whether that is for an overnight stay or to visit one of our restaurants or bars.

Bruce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My boyfriend took me to this hotel for valentines day and I was over the moon. The hotel is lovely and the staff were so friendly and welcoming.

The room was lush with a huge bath and marble style walls and falls. The lighting is also something I quite liked as it gave a nice romantic feeling to the room.

Ice was brought up to us minutes after we rang room service for it and they did't charge for it as well as glasses are ready waiting in the draw, layed out nicely.

I would definately recommend this hotel, absolutely brilliant place.

Room Tip: I imagine all the rooms were nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Elena N,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback, I was so pleased to read that you chose South Place Hotel for a special occasion and has such a great time when you stayed.

I hope we will see you at the hotel again soon.

UK
Reviewed 17 February 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated like VIPs. The wonderful front of house staff kept us entertained and treated us with absolute courtesy. Clearly they enjoy their jobs and were keen to engage in witty although respectful banter. Superb.

The room was lovely. Not massive. Not overly indulgent but perfect and ticked the boxes for us. Fabulous double bath and a super start to a romantic evening. We chose to stay and eat in the hotel and the food and service were great. ( we ate downstairs) Again we were made to feel important and as if nothing was too much trouble.

Would defenately recommend to anyone and everyone for w lovely sumptuous evening. Breakfast was lovely and whilst not the cheapest, it won top marks for us because of the ease of location and ambience. Free papers too.

Wonderful

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dea UkBronte,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was delighted to learn that you had such a nice time when you stayed at South Place Hotel and were able to explore the restaurants and bars.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again very soon.

England
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived for our nights stay, we knew we'd picked the right hotel. The reception reflects the overall style of the hotel and rooms; and the staff exceptionally helpful. Our hotel room was perfect. We stayed in the Eldon room and it exceeded all expectations; from the huge bath, double showers, stereo system, drinks, huge floating bed to lighting, TV and general design we were happy. I really couldn't recommend this place enough, and a stones throw from Liverpool Street Station.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Sodyathen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at South Place Hotel so much.

I hope we see you at the hotel again very soon, whether that's for a hotel say or a visit to one of restaurants.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My girlfriend and I spent two days at this beautiful hotel. It was absolutely fantastic!
On arrival we were greeted by friendly Alex who gave the impression he is there to enhance our stay in any way possible. This is the type of service you receive at South Place Hotel.
Dining is superb, offering an extensive menu, prepared and served beautifully. I cannot praise the hotel and service enough.
I will be going back to South Place Hotel, no doubt about that, the next time I am in London!

Room Tip: Try the Angler Restaurant on the 7th floor!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda C
Dear Linda C,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our team takes great pride in the excellent service they provide to all of our guests, and they were thrilled to read your comments.

I hope we will see you at the hotel again very soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I travel to London a few times a year on business. This was my first time at this hotel and could not be happier. The pressure was on, as I am the one that picked it for a client and 4 co-workers. Rave reviews from all.

The attention to detail is what impressed me the most. For example, you have to love a hotel that puts fresh citrus on the bar with a martini shaker! The service from the entire staff was top notch. I think this hotel would be an excellent choice for either a business or leisure traveler.

There are 3 bars on the property and a great gym to burn it all off in the morning. Julie Gil, Reservations Manger, could not have been more helpful or easier to deal with.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Aggster97,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. I was so pleased to learn that you and your colleagues had a great time. Our team was so pleased to read your kind comments.

I hope we can welcome you to the hotel again soon.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is a nice luxury hotel The pros are staff are brilliant and very helpful, rooms are very clean and the rooms are well set up with IT. I loved the large deep bath too and the quality toiletries. The small negatives are that the shower is in the bath rather than having a separate shower cubicle, there was bit of limescale on the fixed showerhead, could do with some kind of grip handle to get easily out of such a deep bath and that the bar downstairs and restaurant are very noisy. There is a nice games room to sit in and I think this could be slightly improved in terms of lighting and background music. As downstairs is so loud and a bit rowdy, a quietier room apart from your bedroom, is I think pretty essential. Also would be useful in room to have a sheet saying what floor the gym and games room are on.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with redspottedhanky.com

Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear 25ruth G,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I was pleased to read that you think so highly of our team, who take great pride in the hotel and were delighted to see your comments.

We carry out regular descaling of the showerheads and I am sorry that on this occasion this was not sufficient. I have asked our Housekeeping team to repeat the descaling again following your feedback. You can request for a room with a walk-in shower, and our team will always do their best to accommodate guest requests.

The restaurant and bars are a very important part of our offering at the hotel and 3 South Place Bar & Grill is extremely popular and can get quite busy, especially during the week. For guests looking for a quieter, more elegant atmosphere I can highly recommend Angler, our 7th Floor seafood restaurant which was awarded its first Michelin star last year.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.