“Fantastic hotel, location and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of South Place Hotel

South Place Hotel
Ranked #40 of 1,090 Hotels in London
London
“Fantastic hotel, location and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

South Place Hotel is gorgeous with great service and a wonderful location. The staff could not have been more helpful, the food and cocktails were amazing and great value. Brilliant place to spend the weekend and visit the local sights like Borough Market etc. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear TravelOption,

I was delighted to read your kind comments, and thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. Our team were thrilled to learn that you had such a great time when you stayed.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon, whether for an overnight stay, or a visit to one of our restaurants or bars.

Bruce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Leigh-on-Sea, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Visited as part of a group of 16 who were dining in a private room. The service was attentive and the food was wonderful. We were very well looked after at all times. I strongly recommend the scallops as a starter, this is a signature dish.

Dining room are named after characters from old spy films / tv series. So there is the Solo Room and the Kiriyakin Room (both "Man from UNCLE"), Peel Room, Steed Room and Purdey Room (Avengers) and the Le Chiffre Room (Bond).

The only odd thing is the private dining rooms are on the first floor while the toilets are on the ground floor.

Certainly one to consider if putting together a private function.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Simon_in_Legh,

Thank you very much for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to write your comments. I was glad to read that you had an excellent time when you dined at the hotel and hope that we will see you here again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

From the first review I found for this hotel I fell in love and knew i had to book it! The hotel was amazingly beautiful. The bathroom was exceptional and a key selling point.

I would 100% book this hotel again!

The staff were friendly and helpful and recommended dinning options for the evening.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mamtaxx,

Thank you very much for your kind words, I was really pleased to read that you had such a great time when you stayed.

I hope we will see you at the hotel again soon, whether that is for an overnight stay or to visit one of our restaurants or bars.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My boyfriend took me to this hotel for valentines day and I was over the moon. The hotel is lovely and the staff were so friendly and welcoming.

The room was lush with a huge bath and marble style walls and falls. The lighting is also something I quite liked as it gave a nice romantic feeling to the room.

Ice was brought up to us minutes after we rang room service for it and they did't charge for it as well as glasses are ready waiting in the draw, layed out nicely.

I would definately recommend this hotel, absolutely brilliant place.

Room Tip: I imagine all the rooms were nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Elena N,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback, I was so pleased to read that you chose South Place Hotel for a special occasion and has such a great time when you stayed.

I hope we will see you at the hotel again soon.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated like VIPs. The wonderful front of house staff kept us entertained and treated us with absolute courtesy. Clearly they enjoy their jobs and were keen to engage in witty although respectful banter. Superb.

The room was lovely. Not massive. Not overly indulgent but perfect and ticked the boxes for us. Fabulous double bath and a super start to a romantic evening. We chose to stay and eat in the hotel and the food and service were great. ( we ate downstairs) Again we were made to feel important and as if nothing was too much trouble.

Would defenately recommend to anyone and everyone for w lovely sumptuous evening. Breakfast was lovely and whilst not the cheapest, it won top marks for us because of the ease of location and ambience. Free papers too.

Wonderful

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dea UkBronte,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was delighted to learn that you had such a nice time when you stayed at South Place Hotel and were able to explore the restaurants and bars.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again very soon.

England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived for our nights stay, we knew we'd picked the right hotel. The reception reflects the overall style of the hotel and rooms; and the staff exceptionally helpful. Our hotel room was perfect. We stayed in the Eldon room and it exceeded all expectations; from the huge bath, double showers, stereo system, drinks, huge floating bed to lighting, TV and general design we were happy. I really couldn't recommend this place enough, and a stones throw from Liverpool Street Station.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Sodyathen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at South Place Hotel so much.

I hope we see you at the hotel again very soon, whether that's for a hotel say or a visit to one of restaurants.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

My girlfriend and I spent two days at this beautiful hotel. It was absolutely fantastic!
On arrival we were greeted by friendly Alex who gave the impression he is there to enhance our stay in any way possible. This is the type of service you receive at South Place Hotel.
Dining is superb, offering an extensive menu, prepared and served beautifully. I cannot praise the hotel and service enough.
I will be going back to South Place Hotel, no doubt about that, the next time I am in London!

Room Tip: Try the Angler Restaurant on the 7th floor!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda C
Dear Linda C,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our team takes great pride in the excellent service they provide to all of our guests, and they were thrilled to read your comments.

I hope we will see you at the hotel again very soon.