“Fabulous!!”
Review of South Place Hotel

South Place Hotel
Ranked #49 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Recently spent 3 nights at the South Place and can't wait to go back!! Very convenient for Moorgate tube station - only 2 mins walk. The staff are super friendly and made us feel really welcome. We stayed in a king room which was huge and the bathrooms are just stunning. One of the best bits was the roof terrace. All the bars have a buzz about them and we sampled all three on our first night!! Didn't have breakfast but did have a meal in the downstairs brasserie, the food was delicious.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Kookieone

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you had a pleasant stay and that you found our very popular roof terrace ‘one of the best bits’.

We hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Bruce

Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We spent a wonderful week end in South Place Hotel, near Liverpool Street.
We found very high level services, great location, excellent cleaning.
In reception we met Ms. Alessandra Licheri, she was very nice, very affable and corteous. She showed us the Hotel and she assisted me and my mother in many kindly ways.
We suggest this Hotel for a very comfortable stay near the center of London.
We sure come back to London and we sure come to South Place Hotel, hoping to find Ms. Alessandra again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Irjsh86

Thank you for leaving your feedback.

I was delighted to read of your enjoyable stay and I have shared your comments with the entire team who are all very grateful for your compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I recently stayed at the South Place Hotel for 9 nights when I was in London on business. I found the room, meals, and staff to be excellent and look forward to returning next month when I am back in the London office. The bathroom was incredible and the blackout shade was a great amenity in the room as well. I also really liked the fitness center and found the treadmills to be excellent quality. My room rate included breakfast, which I took every morning in the restaurant and was never disappointed.

A special thank you to the staff, who were amazing. Especially the night manager Zeb, who was so gracious and helpful from arrival through departure. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jil S

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us.

I have shared your review with the team who are delighted to read such kind comments.

We are very much looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed two nights in a King room over the weekend. The area was very busy when we arrived on Friday, but on Saturday pretty dead - this was fine, we just wanted a place to sleep! It's very close to the tube so easy to get out and about.

The room was lovely - huge by London standards, high ceiling, great big floor to ceiling window, and a good size of bathroom with a massive bath and lots of very swish lemony toiletries. The bed was one of the most comfy I've slept in, big fluffy pillows and a soft duvet. The mini bar was a thing to behold with glasses for every kind of drink you could imagine, half-size bottles of Sipsmith gin and vodka and a lemon and lime to top it off - though only a butter knife to cut with?! The room has the standard ipod dock etc, and a good choice of "playlists" available to get you in the mood for the evening.

We had breakfast both days, which was pretty expensive and the scrambled eggs were very under-done, but my hangover meant I wasn't in the mood to debate... Coffee good and strong! We would love to come again, and have time to visit the secret garden bar or the games room.

Only two downsides; the scented aircon in the corridors was a bit overpowering, and the bathroom taps were *so* overdesigned that it's not possible to turn them with wet hands, I had to grab a flannel to be able to turn it off... Otherwise, a perfect place for a swish London weekend.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked a side street so was very quiet, no idea about others but would be happy to have...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear honeymoonNZ

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I was so pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay and were able to make the most of the minibar and the room amenities.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Was convinced to book this hotel because of great tripadvisor reviews and it did not dissapoint. Highly recommended. Fab experience from start to finish. Loved the modern decor and gadgetry in the room. Staff were geniune, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank psycho_beck

Dear psycho_beck

Thank you very much for leaving such a positive review.

I was so glad to read that our fantastic Tripadvisor reviews were the reason you chose South Place Hotel and that you enjoyed your stay so much.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to South Place Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel is off the charts; Service is excellent, rooms are brand new, beautiful, perfectly appointed (modern but not tacky), the bed was super comfortable, and the bathroom was one of the nicest I've seen...HUGE shower with two rain-heads, double vanity, awesome bath products, and one of the only hotel tubs that I've actually considered using (was spotless, deep, large, and super inviting).

Only potential drawback was the location. Right in the business district, and although close to two tube stations, there wasn't a lot to do or see within close walking distance.

Breakfast was very good, but super expensive. As soon as we walked in we were offered fresh oj (at 4 quid a glass)...It was good, but they must have come back 3 or 4 times to offer more (at an additional 4 quid), which was off-putting. We had 1 glass of oj, 2 coffees, scrambled eggs with toast, and hash with a poached egg, and it was over 30 pounds...London prices and good quality aside, $50 USD is a lot of money for a small, modest breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mojua

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I was very pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay here.

Whilst the hotel is not in the heart of the tourist district, we are only a short distance from sites such as the Tower of London, St Pauls Cathedral and Tate Modern. All other attractions are easily accessible using the tube stations close by. Our concierge team are more than happy to provide any information and directions needed.

I hope we can welcome you back to South Place Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here due to work commitments and the location was ideal for this reason. I booked in earlier than my wife and after half an hour of being at the hotel I realised I needed to cancel a second hotel that we had arranged for across London on the Sunday and book a further night. It was £200 a night and frankly at that price for the service alone was worth it!!
The facilities were fantastic and we had a kings room - reasonably modest but they had thought of everything. Beyond the roof top restaurant and seating area (great in the sun) the bars, gym, and all the other fabulous touches was the first class service. Every member of staff we met was excellent and especially Dennis (from the concierge desk) and Angel
(head barman?). They were exceptional and made our stay.
We will certainly stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Matt L

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us.

Our staff work very hard to ensure high levels of customer service at all times and I will certainly be passing your kind comments onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, whether you return to London for business or pleasure.