“Best option in London !”
Review of South Place Hotel

South Place Hotel
Ranked #42 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Lets face it, this new Hotel is just great !!
Good location, even if a bit quiet for the weekends, but very central anyway.
Great people (Best smile for "Mr Room service/breakfast" and best fun for Miss Barmaid at the "Garden")
Rooms are nice, and calm, prices are perfect for rooms, a bit pricey for extras though ...
Whats wrong ? Decoration of the "garden" not at all up to a design hotel standards, sorry
Other than that, its really a very good tip to remember for your next stay in London. I most defintely will stay at South Place Hotel !
And they have very nice Brunch too...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Thierry B
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Thierry B,

Thank you for your review following your stay at South Place Hotel.

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed your kind comments to the entire team. I'm sorry that you did not like the decoration of the Garden, but I am happy to say that we will be changing this shortly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for South Place Hotel

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel does offer something nice, e.g. nice decorated, near the underground, etc. Anyway, there are lots construction work nearby, so does police cars or ambulance (can not tell the differences) at night. So be aware of sleepless night in London. Even it is near the tube station Moorgate, you still have to walk all the steps.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Addisonfox
Reviewed 4 August 2014

When a hotel gets everything just right, it is a complete delight. Stayed for one night and from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, I loved it! The design of the hotel is what first impresses, unique art pieces mixed with comfy, cool furniture; a stylish restaurant and bar and a stunning roof bar with waterfall and candles. I felt like I was in a classy down town New York hotel! Front desk staff were so friendly and even escort you to your room and explain all the various amenities. The rooms are impeccable with automated lighting and black out blinds. Big comfortable bed and huge bath with rainfall shower and generous toiletries. The little extras are so well thought out... an umbrella hanging in the wardrobe (which came in handy!), Nespresso coffee machine (no packet instant here!), a set of pencils in a display box with sharpener (didn't use them , but nice touch), a mini bar that comes with Sipsmith's Vodka and Gin (with fresh lime and lemon for your G&T!), and a presentation box of Jonny Walker Blue along with other goodies! The bar comes with beautiful glassware, large red wine glasses and elegant champagne flutes, and whisky tumblers. Room service are also spot on... the room didn't have a trouser press but after a friendly call, two minutes later my dinner suit was collected and I found it sharply pressed in my wardrobe an hour or so later. We even had a visit from a member of staff who brought two complimentary bottles of water and a hand written welcome card!
After a great nights sleep and a lazy 12pm check out time we decided to have brunch at the hotel and again it was perfect. Great value with a set menu and unlimited drinks option (great Bloody Mary's!) and the food was delicious, all backed up with smart and attentive service.
Rounded off the lazy Sunday with an hour in the steam room and sauna. Heaven!
I really cannot recommend this hotel enough. I just need to find another time to go back! Other hoteliers take note... this is how it should be!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jemberesford

Dear jemberesford,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review.

I am so happy you had a fantastic stay with us and you were able to enjoy the hotel amenities including the steam and sauna rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was just perfect, from their cocktail lobby/bar (great selection of drinks) through check-in, staying, going out (great location, within walking distance to nice restaurants), checking out. Room was lovely and very quiet. Air-con was working and was very quiet too. There is also a small window that can be open for those who prefer fresh air. Bed was extremely comfortable too. There is room service and also a lovely restaurant with a roof-top terrace, both were great.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 007_Emma

Dear 007_Emma,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and the entire team were pleased to read your comments.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Wanted to try out this hotel with it being relatively new & located in east London. The hotel is really close to Liverpool street station and in walking distance of spitalfields and hoxton which are vibrant with markets, shops and eateries.
The occasion was my birthday so we had champagne on ice and strawberries awaiting us.
Our room was stylish and kitted out with the best mini-bar and amenities kit we've seen in a hotel room. Bathrooms were equally luscious with huge shower heads and James Heeley toiletries.
Unfortunately however the air-con was totally broken - it was far too hot and upon leaving the hotel for dinner we asked for this to be checked and fixed Upon returning, the air con still wasn't working which resulted us having to up sticks and move ourselves to another room...this was at 1.30am and nobody to help with our bags so they stayed in the other room. This was a little farcical, particularly when the second room had various things missing from the room - toiletries etc so we couldn't utilise either room to its full extent. To add to the misery, the key card stopped working for our original room and then our second room so we had to make several trips to reception...not conducive to a romantic birthday break!
We had breakfast ordered to the room which was promptly delivered and well presented. The lady delivering was lovely, using her initiative to give us an extra replacement breakfast item when we had requested to have another certain item omitted.
A fab feature of this hotel is the first floor entertainment hub - it has a well-stocked library with books and board games, decks with vinyl, pool table. It is like being in your living room; albeit a beyond stylish one. The first floor also houses a very cool looking bar complete with a mini water feature and a gym; neither of which we had chance to visit unfortunately.
There is also a Michelin starred restaurant on the top floor (predominantly seafood) which actually looked to be very decent in terms of price but again we didn't have chance to visit; opting for City Social restaurant which was about a 5 minute walk away.
Our overall stay on this occasion wasn't the greatest we have ever experienced but I would still give the hotel the benefit of the doubt as it has great amenities and friendly, non-pretentious staff so will hopefully return again...

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Simmone
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed over night with my boyfriend and decided to choose this hotel particularly based on the views and wow must I say I was not disappointed! Out of all the hotels I have stayed during my stay in London, this was by far the best. The staff are so friendly and kind, even escorting me to my room which I thought was so sweet!
The location of the hotel was perfect so close by to the tube which was very useful!
Our room was immaculate and so beautiful, very spacious too!
My stay at South place hotel was amazing and there is no fault about it! Will definitely comeback in the future, so beautiful!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank AmberFrobes
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear AmberFrobes,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Your comments are very kind and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Genuinely impressed with the South Place Hotel. Booked last minute and we were not disappointed.

Great size room, excellent facilities and extremely comfortable bed. Bathroom and shower outstanding!

The staff are very attentive and there is a great atmosphere in the bars within the hotel which are obviously popular with non residents.

Truly reminded me of The Bryant Park hotel in NYC.... Similar style and vibe in addition to exceptional staff which is unusual for London!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank LondonVictoria78

Dear LondonVictoria78,

Thank you for writing such a positive review.

I was so happy to read you had an enjoyable stay with us and were able to try out our bars.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.