“Fabulously cool, wonderfully friendly”
Review of South Place Hotel

South Place Hotel
Ranked #37 of 1,068 Hotels in London
London
“Fabulously cool, wonderfully friendly”
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Few places manage to be cool and friendly. This is one of them. The staff are wonderful and the hotel exudes life, charm and impishness! Lay back and enjoy! Don't miss out on the hidden garden bar and the roof top terrace

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Davinder
Susanne T, Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2014
Dear Davinder,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to experience our secret garden bar and roof top terrace.

Susanne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is without doubt one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Booked this hotel for our 25th wedding anniversary and it was perfect the staff are so helpful and friendly but super efficient . The hotel itself is modern and spotlessly clean and in a great location. If you are looking to stay in London do not hesitate book the south place hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Steve C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I was delighted that you chose South Place Hotel to celebrate such a special occasion, and that you had an enjoyable stay.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

One of my hotels of choice when in the City. Great service and location - and consistent each time I have been. Quick and efficient check in and check out.

Pro's:
* Top rate service
* Hotel and room layout - perfect
* Room amenities (great toiletries, TV etc)
* Location

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tjd501
Dear tjd501,

Thank you for your recent review.

I was so pleased to read your kind comments, and that you were able to make the most of your stay here.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

East Grinstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

It was a couple of weeks that my wife and myself stayed for just one night but we are still talking about it now. Right from the moment you step in the hotel lobby you feel that the hotel is very different from anything else. It is trendy, modern and really fits in well with the increasingly fashionable east end of London. The room was very well furnished and attention to detail throughout was fantastic. The bath was huge and the bathroom was very luxurious. I love the little touches such as the bar area in the room with a whole lime for you to cut for G&T's. The mini bar is also reasonably priced. The bar in the evening had a very chilled atmosphere with a live dj playing background music. The comfortable armchairs in the bar were also great to sink into with a drink after a night out. The staff are also very friendly and approachable and a credit to the hotel. My only criticism which is very minor is that the bars are very small and there were no seats. Really want to stay here again very soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick M Lucas L
Dear Patrick M Lucas L,

Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and and that we made such a favourable impression on you and your wife.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend for my wife's 40th birthday. Hotels is fabulous, it's chic, clean, ideally located for moorgate tube station and the staff are very friendly. Everything is so efficient, we had a problem with the TV in the room one day and within 2 minutes someone was up to our room to fix it. The rooms are lovely and the bath was huge. Will definitely stay here again

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Webbohullfc
Dear Webbohullfc,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am thrilled that you chose South Place Hotel to celebrate such a special occasion and I hope your wife had a fantastic birthday.

Your comments are very kind and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Wonderful staff, perfect food, truly a delightful stay;) I had the pleasure of staying at South Place Hotel after a long 24 day Europe Tour. I decided to book the hotel based on its Trip Advisor 2014 Travelers' Choice Award. The hotel is absolutely exquisite! The staff are friendly, attentive and efficient. I was given a full tour of all the features in my room and throughly acquainted with the hotel amenities. I decided to order room service as I was beyond exhausted from my travels. For dinner I ordered the lamb with a side of potatoes and the omelet breakfast. Needless to say the food was absolutely delicious. The beds are beyond plush and the bathroom is just stunning. I was rather sad I didn't stay in London another evening just to enjoy my room a bit longer.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Keisha M
Dear Keisha M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us during your exciting tour of Europe.

I hope we can welcome you back for a longer stay next time you are in London, when you can try our restaurants and bars.

London
Reviewed 14 August 2014

There is not a bad word I can say about South Place, this hotel is perfect. My girlfriend and I loved it. The whole hotel is immaculate and I can't praise the staff high enough, they're exceedingly polite and helpful. We had breakfast brought up to the room and the standard of food matches the hotel. Have recommended to everyone.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ryan B
Dear Ryan B,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

Your comments are very kind and I am thrilled you enjoyed the hotel so much.