“Veggie to try”

Down to Earth
Price range: US$13 - US$34
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Down To Earth - Raw Vegan Vegetarian Organic Lifestyle. We provide the perfect Café/Dining Room, Kitchen and Studio alternative for those seeking a natural, nutritious and healthy lifestyle based on organic 'house made' gorgeous food. We are superbly located in Melbury Court, adjacent to Holland Park, new Design Museum (old Common Wealth Institute) and moments to the various transport, shopping and local amenities of Kensington High Street. We offer an ideal and unique relaxing atmosphere combined with healthy nutritious food and lifestyle, the perfect way to energise the beginning of your day or to relax with friends for after work drinks or busy shopping afternoon! We invite you to try our take-way service for a delicious and warming experience in the park or in the full comfort of your home...
Reviewed 24 June 2014

As a committed omnivore I chanced upon this enticing Vegan restaurant whilst visiting the Leighton House Museum. I thought why not try veggie food for once? Well rewarded and I will return to try out some more of their dishes. Excellent and very tasty selection of food [try the beetroot ravioli, basil ice cream] with a good organic wine list and some fascinating teas. Clean & modern washrooms

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I recently ate breakfast at Down to Earth and after spending ten minutes discussing the importance of natural Organic food with the waiter, I was convinced that I had created them out of my subconscious mind.
My eggs were free range and scrambled but in that way that my mother used to make em, like a half omelette type thing. Anyway I had also decided to reduce table salt from my diet. The meal came without salt and for the first time in my life, I enjoyed saltless food and it was great.
Waiters all very friendly. I feel I have found some people who actually care and not just do the standard things that make the term 'Healthy food' applicable. They are also open to suggestions.
I actually enjoy the fact that they are little known because the intimate style of the venue guarantees a personalised service.

So In the words of Arnold (Terminator) Schwarzenegger I'LL BE BACK!

Lews
Qryfood foodbabble blog

1  Thank Lews M
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

My carnivore husband loved his meal here, as did I. Everything is fresh, healthy, and beautifully presented. Good service too.

1  Thank BeauJoe46
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Perfect and fast service, kind and helpful staff, delicious food, good atmosphere and amazing carrot cake! :)) I can recommend for everyone! :))

1  Thank Pocak10000
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is a hidden treasure I stumbled across and now make weekly visits to this shop when I'm in the area. I am intolerant to gluten and I am so happy to have found this gem. Delicious food and a friendly atmosphere.
Seats are comfortable and staff are friendly.

1  Thank Ainebob