“Haunted Covent Garden”

Tour de Force London
Ranked #202 of 749 Tours in London
Reviewed 19 May 2014

John provided an excellent bespoke Haunted Covent Garden tour for my wife and I on our recent honeymoon in London. Bottom line, John knows the streets and history of London like the back of his hand. He is extremely personable and pulls you into the tour by making you feel like a true participant; each stop a crucial piece of the puzzle filled with cliff hanger moments and constant anticipation for the next stop - you're never bored and keep craving more! I'd recommend John and Tour de Force's services to anyone planning to head to London. He has a variety of tour options and your guaranteed to have a good time with a person who genuinely wants to share interesting information and provide a fun-memorable experience. Thank you, John!

All reviews
"excitement"
"depth"
"humour"

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband and I took a private Jack the Ripper tour. John is a great storyteller. Not only was the Jack the Ripper story very interesting, but we learned a little about what life was life for immigrants in this overcrowded area of London in 1888. The tour ended at what John says is the best fish and chip restaurant in London, and my husband and I had a delicious dinner there. (However, John says he usually takes the tour to a different restaurant.)

Reviewed 13 April 2014

John Steel is the epitome of everything you could possibly want in a tour guide. What he doesn't know is not worth knowing. He is charismatic, fascinating to listen to and commands attention with a voice both authoritative and lyrical. Our tour with him was a treat.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

John took our group of about 50 people on a 10k charity fund-raising walk around the City and East End of London. He was an enthusiastic, well-informed guide with a mine of information about Jewish London as well as general knowledge about life in London through the ages. He brought everything to life through his insight and interesting observations. He appealed to all ages of those in the group and I would highly recommend him as a tour guide.
Judy W.