“Not worth £20 + 12.5% SVC”

Burger & Lobster - Soho
Ranked #319 of 22,671 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Australia
“Not worth £20 + 12.5% SVC”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Heard it was famous and uniquely special. The first impression was getting into the restaurant and nobody seemed care to take us a seat. One was on the phone and totally ignoring even she saw us.

There are no food menu. They say there have 3 menus to choose from. I don't know it is something to do with the style or something else. But it is strange and did not deliver value proposition to the customers at all, especially the new ones. In regards to this, the staff seemed to think that people who walk in are there returned customers.

We had 2 meals; one is the beef burger which was very average and not worth £22.5 by all means; second we had a steamed lobster. The taste was fresh and good. But again really not worth the price.

• Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Fabulous lobster”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The wait is long. but for the lobster, it is worth it. I could not wait for 2 hours so I decided to order takeout. Get nothing but the lobster. The lobster roe burger is not as great. Too much mayo. The salad portions are generous too.

• Visited March 2014
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Difficult....”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I couldn't wait to visit the place and when I got in and got my food I couldn't wait to leave... I understand the place is popular and busy but it disappointed me from the very beginning. First of all our waitress - she seemed to be in rush all the time... difficult to catch her attention, difficult to hear and understand, very chaotic. I asked to explain what they serve and how and I got 30 seconds answer that only made me more confused. In the end I just trusted my husband to choose for me. We both got whole lobster that was acceptable but nothing more than that. The best part - side salad. Not enough to make me come back.

• Visited December 2013
South Florida, Florida
“Delicious”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I went here for the 2nd time when I was in London, I love their lobster role. It is sooo good and fresh, I live in Florida so I eat seafood all the time and this has to be one of my favorite palces. You do have to wait a while if you show up for prime dinner times, so I always sneak in early for dinner. Also at the bar it is 1st come 1st serve so this time I was alone and just grabbed a spot at the bar. Good service and great food! I miss it already!

Visited March 2014
Andover, United Kingdom
“Really good experience”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I had heard really good things and so I wanted to try this place out.
We were seated really quickly and the menu was explained.
Basically you have 3 choices-lobster sandwich, lobster or burger.
This makes life very simple so we had lobster and a burger which we shared.
It is basically £20 per meal then whatever you drink.
Good pricing for London and I would definately go back!
Loving the bibs!!