“Review from my 11 year old daughter”

V&A Museum of Childhood
Ranked #179 of 1,591 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcoming over 400,000 visitors through its doors every year, the V&A Museum of Childhood in London's Bethnal Green houses the Victoria and Albert Museum's collection of childhood-related objects and artefacts, spanning the 1600s to the present day.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Review from my 11 year old daughter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I thought the museum was a very fun experience! It was so cool to see all the toys that my mom played with as a kid. The doll houses were so cool because they were from all different periods of time. Also the Jacqueline Wilson exhibit was really interesting and I'm so glad I went because I am really into her books now! The other thing I thought was cool was the interactive experiences! It was so fun and I really enjoyed it!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank TheCultOfSkaro

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bristol
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great place to take the kids on a rainy day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I took my 19 month old here for a couple of hours - it's kind of a big warehouse with a cafe and shop in the middle and 3 floors on balconies overlooking the ground floor. With older kids you could sit and have a coffee and let them wander off to see the exhibits without worrying too much that they will end up lost as it so easy to navigate.

There are lots of really interesting displays of old fashioned toys from around the world, but the best part is the interactive stuff - rocking horses, a table with blocks, a really nice sensory area with coloured lights. They also do craft classes between 2 and 4pm.

Entry is free but you need 20p to make some of the machines work and they encourage donations. The cafe is reasonably priced for London and had a good selection of food and cakes, and some lovely loose leaf tea.

One of the best things for me was the quiet room - a lockable room containing chairs, a place to lie down, baby changing area and an adjoining toilet. This was great for me as I could sit comfortably to breastfeed my baby for 20mins.

Downstairs there is also a picnic area if you don't want to use the cafe.

Overall this is a great place to visit and I wish we lived nearer so I could go more often. We only stayed for 1-2 hours but we could easily have spent 4 hours there, we didn't get round to the top floor.

1 Thank LizzyGarcia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

A travel throught childhood, plays, toys, education and all these concepts throught time. You can see the development of a lot of toys and some that don't exist anymore.

Swansea County, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Excellent entertainment for free!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Love this museum - loads to see and do and there's always a great exhibition running. At the moment it's about Jacqueline Wilson - really good.

Spent a happy 3 hours in here with a 3 year old - that's how good it is!

Wallasey, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Going back in time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Interesting museum, however became slightly repetitive with displays, so much so that gave the top floor a miss. Interesting to see some childhood toys there though.