“Very pleasant stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich
Ranked #170 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I booked myself in for a R&R break using lastminute secret hotels.
I was booked on a lower floor but asked for a higher floor & was moved to the 7th floor with no fuss.
The hotel is immaculate, bed very comfy, nice view, room service was delicious -£2.50 tray charge isn't great but hey!
It would be nice if the room brochure showed you how to open the window (push top window).
No mini bar :(
Room was a bit compact but has very modern interiors- looks exactly like the professional pictures.
All staff I encountered were very polite and finally there is free wifi :)
I'm getting married in May and will be definitely be booking the privilege room as I really enjoyed my two night stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your comments. I am very pleased that you liked the hotel and the delicious room service food. We appreciate your comments with regards to the instructions of how to open the window. I was sorry to hear that you had to move rooms. However, I was pleased that you were moved rooms with no fuss and that you found our staff to be very polite. We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in May for your wedding.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,863)

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Greenwich may be a bit away from the City, but a little less frenetic, and a good base if doing work south of the River. Great bar A very efficient reception operating from a desk with a couple of laptops. Strange shaped room and layout, which was easily remedied by shifting a chair, small window may bother some. 5 minutes walk from the station. Beware that you need to swipe your Oyster card before getting on the train.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your comments. We are pleased you were happy with the location of the hotel and that you liked our bar. We also value your comments with regards to the room layout and the small window. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I loved the hotel from the moment we walked in the door. The Christmas decorations were absolutely beautiful, so tasteful, and fitting perfectly with the decor of the building, a lovely first impression. Reception staff were charming and efficient on each occasion we interacted with them. The hotel is immaculately clean, as was our bedroom and bathroom. Extremely comfortable and well appointed. I loved the ambience of the hotel in every way.
Why have I not given 5 stars? Simply because of the noise from the air conditioning units arrayed in a row beneath our bedroom window. I hasten to say that this did not actually prevent me sleeping, which is very unusual as I am normally a light sleeper. However I had a very long team building day and I was simply exhausted and I actually slept for 9 hours! Hubby simply sleeps wherever he is, being slightly deaf! However, the noise was obvious throughout our waking hours, and if our stay had been longer would, I think, have been a problem for me during the night hours under normal circumstances.
So, would we stay again, yes, definitely, but I would take earplugs just in case we could not be located away from the units. It would certainly not prevent us staying again in this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the air con units if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rosiemadcat

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for the lovely comments. I am happy to hear you loved our hotel and our Christmas decorations. I am also pleased that you liked the service you received from our Reception. We also value your comments with regards to the noise from the air conditioning units beneath your bedroom window. We arevery pleased that you loved the ambience of the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed here with 2 teenage sons to see Simple Minds at O2. It was one of the best hotels we have stayed at in London, compact but beautifully decorated rooms and really quiet making for a great nights sleep. A lovely bar area and great breakfast in the morning, £10 for the buffet if you book ahead which turned out to be really good value with teenagers who can eat for England!! Really tasty food as well. Some reviews say the rooms are cold but as we hate the fact that most hotel rooms are really hot and stuffy this was certainly a plus for us. We had a room overlooking the front and had no noise issues, the staff on reception were really polite. Easy to get to as the hotel is just a short walk from the DLR station. Would love to go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. We strive to exceed our customer expectations and reading such a review naturally brings great satisfaction to our teams who share passion for great customer service. We are pleased you were able to benefit from the hotels great location as well as the great service you received from the Reception and Food and Drink Team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

A pleasant hotel, nice decor, clean rooms, great bathrooms, most rooms I've stayed in were a good size, quite stylish. The downside is the noisy AC until on one side o the building - I had to move rooms at 3am, that noisy! And the rooms are cold. Lastly, the hotel is in deptford bridge not greenwich.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank mgdfit
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I was disappointed that you had to move rooms due to the noise and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience caused. I was however pleased that you liked the hotel and the facilities and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

What a surprisingly good hotel ! Super clean, helpful staff, affordable parking. The room was spacious, comfortable beds, very classy bathroom. Housekeeping and the staff at reception were very gracious about us checking out a little later than scheduled. The only negative aspect I can think of is the temperature regulation during the night, there seems to be a central heating/air con setting that cannot be overridden from within the guest room, so it was somewhat cold to my taste. I did not use public transport, but by car depending on the traffic situation it will probably take you 45 - 75 minutes to make it to the very center of London.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor seem to have rather small windows that are very high up on the wall, so no...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ANym0us
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for recommending us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel to be clean with affordable parking. The reception and Housekeeping team will be delighted with your comments and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Simple review really. Good value for money, close to tube, just been refurbished-stunning decor and finishes. Helpful staff and great rooms. Unlike a previous reviewer (who must have X-ray vision) the glass door into the bathroom is classy as is the tiling fittings etc. Bar on ground floor is good. Four star hotel in London 3min walk from tube from around 90 is a good deal Recommended

Room Tip: Book breakfast the previous day and it's reduced from 15 to 10
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments. We are delighted you found the hotel to be good value for money. The team will be happy to read your comments. We are pleased to hear you liked the glass door into the bathroom along with the tiling fittings. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.