DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich
US$216
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
1,928 results
All reviewscutty sarkdeptford bridgeprivilege roomdlr stationroyal observatorymaritime museumlovely hotelglass doorminute walkafternoon tealondon skylinequiet locationair contop floorbooked this hotelreception staffa lovely stay
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here for a few nights in late February. The hotel is clean and pleasant. The staff are very friendly and helpful. On my first night I was very lucky and given a suite. Real luxury. Roll top bath in the room giving view to the huge TV over the fireplace. A lovely shower and a huge bed. True luxury. My second night was slightly less impressive. The room was very narrow, you could touch both walls almost. Would have been ok if I hadn't experienced the first nights luxury!!
The food and bar service are pretty standard although the breakfast was excellent. If you are staying in the area this one is worth a look.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted you were given the opportunity to stay in one of our suites, even though it was just for one night. Should you stay with us again consider booking a privilege room. These are more spacious than our standard rooms and offer panoramic views over London. We very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

If you can get a deal on this place (£80), it’s a notch or two above the other budget end options. Just couple of minutes from tube, in the green end of London. Really good base for visiting Greenwich area, two stops down the line. Quiet side street with not too much around about, you do not feel too removed from things. Nice interior finish level and more boutique than you might expect. Restaurant and bar in-house, so you don’t necessarily have to go out. Tesco round the corner and a couple of place to eat. Breakfast is a bit on the high side. Good value, smarter option.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MauiBuilt2011

Dear Guest, Thank you for your 5 star review. It is much appreciated and we are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and did benefit from the hotels convenient location for Greenwich. We encourage all our guests to book early and check out our special offers online, as we know everyone loves a bargain. Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I staid there for five nights. Nice enough place. Very modern, functional public areas but seemed rather sterile. I booked well in advance to take advantage of the large discount offered. No problems with the reservation but I did change my room -also with no problems - and had a slightly larger corner room overlooking the small park. The room had all the modern facilities and was extremely comfortable.
One odd thing was the shower stall design. I had to put an extra towel on the bathroom floor every time to soak up the overflowing water.
The location is fine if you like to get in plenty of walking (Which I do) if you go into Greenwich center and if you explore the neighborhood, you will find some great backstreet pubs.
Overall everything was Ok but I do not have that 'I must go back' feeling. I will still look around to compare next time I stay in Greenwich. Having said that, nothing turned me off about going back, either. The value was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for the higher floors for great views of London.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I am glad you had a good stay with us and that you were able to make the most of it by seeing the town itself. We look forward to welcoming you again hopefully after you had the chance to check out other hotels in the area.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel is a four star hotel tries to position itself as luxury, and the rooms are not bad one can acknowledge, they were modern and nice yet there was a touch of English heritage to it too. The other positive thing was that it was really affordable for a London hotel. However...
...the hotel parking was full for the week. No way to park the car of a hotel guest?!
...the dining facilities seem to be a little too complicated, I'm not sure why to pretend that it is elegant so service can be slow and very formal

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments. It’s always good to get a bargain so we always advise our customers to book early to avail of our fantastic offers. Whilst I am sorry that you were not able to park your car in the hotels car park I am sure that you will appreciate that the limited capacity of our car park does unfortunately not allow for each guest on busy days to use our car parking facilities. We always recommend booking a space well in advance of your arrival to avoid disappointment. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Some way out of Greenwick however only a few steps from Deptford Bridge DLR station. Nice old building, used to be a Police Station with great views from the top floors. Cosy bar area. Breakfast good with friendly service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank John R

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully.