DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich
US$189
galahotels.com
US$203
1,928 results
All reviewscutty sarkdeptford bridgeprivilege roomdlr stationroyal observatorymaritime museumlovely hotelglass doorminute walkafternoon tealondon skylinequiet locationair contop floorbooked this hotelreception staffa lovely stay
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I enjoyed staying two nights at the Mercure London Greenwich in March, the staff were very friendly and helpful and my evening meal was lovely. The room was immaculate and really comfortable. My only issue was breakfast, it was cold, but when I reported it to a staff member I was immediately refunded and they were full of apologies. Was a good hotel and I'd stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am really glad to read that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed your meal. I will speak with chef about the breakfast and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Mercure London Greenwich looks brilliant, contemporary style, convenient rooms and nice public areas. Somehow you can smell, that the everything is brand new. But this is the end of the fairy tale, I have experienced the worst service from hotel staff ever. Zero recognition, and you feel yourself less welcomed, when the receptionist is asking security deposit from you, because "there was a case, when the TV was broken in the room." Dear Mercure Greenwich, I have never broken a TV, and I have never felt so humiliated in a hotel in my life, except in yours. You forgot to ask me at the check-out how was my stay, but my answer is here: terrible.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cobachka
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay in our hotel and please allow me to express my sincerest apologies if the check-in process was not as clear as it should have been. The requested pre-authorization or swipe of your card on check-in is a normal procedure to guarantee open credit to your account in case of any incidentals. I can assure you that the front desk team did not mean to offend you and I am very sorry if it has come across like this. I hope this situation has not marred your trust in our hotel and that you will give us the chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed for 2 nights. The staff were fantastic. Lovely welcoming, nice smile and they all helped us . Breakfast was very fresh and staff fantastic attitude. The duty manager was very helpful as well. She changed our room when we asked for a bigger room.

Room Tip: The design of the rooms are fantastic. Specially the shower was very powerful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest, I am truly delighted to read that you had a great stay. The team are delighted with your praise and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Just spent two nights at the hotel. Staff are excellent and friendly. I booked to have evening meal and was a little disappointed. It was ok but nothing special and wasn't cheap. Breakfast however was very good.
My only issue was no biscuits in my room ?? This is a first as all hotels give you biscuits.
The beds are extremely comfy and I had a really good sleep. I think you are better off being on a higher floor as on check out customers on lower floors were complaining about pipe noise waking them very early.
Convenient for walking into Greenwich and trains and tourist attractions.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am delighted you had a good night’s sleep and that the team looked after you well during your stay. Glad you could benefit from the hotels convenient location for Greenwich and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed in this lovely hotel in Greenwich, but none of the taxi drivers could find it. It is in a small side street, very quiet location. The hotel rooms were large by UK standards, average to small for Australian standards. The bathroom was very roomy and well appointed.
Within walking distance to the light rail system which gets you onto the underground and London. It is pretty close to the Greenwich Village, either walking if youre fit or 3 train stops if youre not. If you only want to go to London, not Greenwich, then probably stay somewhere closer to London.
The breakfast was great, as was the restaurant for dinner.
the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. See you on your next trip hopefully.