“Fantastic Hotel!”

DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich
Ranked #170 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I recently stayed here for 5 nights and i was very happy with the hotel. The room was perfect for our needs. We were on the ground floor which was great. The bedroom and bathroom was decorated really nice. As for the staff i have to give 5 stars for them alone as they were very attentive and polite. Couldnt ask for better staff! I would definately stay here again as it is close to the trains/bus centre and is a nice walk down into Greenwich. I loved my stay at the Mercure Greenwich!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gemma R
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest, We are truly delighted with your kind review and pleased that you had an enjoyable visit. Thank you for praising our team members and rest assured that your comments will be shared with them. We very much hope to have you here with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked a double room at this hotel on Lastminute Top Secret Hotels on the 3rd of March - I had stayed there before and although it is nice it is not usually my first choice. I arrived at 9pm on the 29th of May and was met by a very helpful receptionist who then issued me with my room key. This key opened a door to the smallest hotel room I have every seen. I complained stating that I had not booked either a single room or a small double but a double and there was no way I was staying in that room. I was reluctantly given a twin room and told that the hotel was fully booked and that was the only room they had for me. I then looked up this hotel on several web sites to see that there were loads of rooms still available. I am extremely annoyed that this receptionist seemed to have taken one look at me- tired (having journeyed from Scotland after working a full day), apparently single and stuck me in what must have been one of the worst rooms in the hotel. My husband often accompanies me and my daughter who stays in Greenwich sometimes decides to stay, therefore I always book a double or twin room. I would urge guests to be wary and not take the first room they are given. How could my hotel room - a standard double which I had booked on the 3rd of March be of such poor quality (in terms of size) on the 29th of May when it was clearly not full? I get the impression that the receptionist thought I would be grateful to stay there in any room, This hotel is listed at 4 star but is blingy and the location to Greenwich town centre is poor - the service should have been better.

Room Tip: don't take the first one offered particularly if you are travelling alone- if you have paid for...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank RossScotland
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay. Our rooms do vary in size and some of our rooms are indeed compact, I can confirm however that the hotel was fully committed on 29th May. I hope that the issues raised will not dissuade you from visiting us again in the future and if you are requiring accommodation again in the area please feel free to contact me so I can personally ensure your satisfaction.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for 2 nights and was very impressed at the design and overall layout of the hotel. The hotel looks very chic and modern. The location is also very convenient as it's a short 10 minute walk to the train station and a short ride to central London. The hotel room was a little tight but the bed gave us one of the most comfortable sleep we've ever had. Didn't try the food as we found the menu a bit expensive for our budget. The only negative thing I found was considering we arrived at the hotel at 1:40 after a very long and tiring flight, and although we were promised check-in would be ready by 2pm, it still took them another 30 mins to get our room ready. You would think knowing your guests have already arrived, the hotel would make sure the room was ready STAT so as to not keep them waiting. And yet we had 3 other guests pass us by who came in after we did and they had their room ready right away or had to wait a lot less than we did. The receptionist was very apologetic though and at least acknowledged our frustration.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Janine W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a good night’s sleep. I am disappointed to read your room was not ready by 2pm and can understand how frustrating this must have been and please rest assured that I have addressed this already with our housekeeping manager. We very much hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Live locally, and popped in for Afternoon Tea with my family.
It's £15pp and good value for a traditional tea with all the works.
Served in their lovely bar, and well looked after by Federico, from Sardinia.
The hotel is beautiful, with a stunning interior you'd expect to see in Knightsbridge.
Take it from a local, it is easily the best hotel in Greenwich/Blackheath.
It has a unique character and style not found in the chains (even though it is associated with the Mercure brand).
Do go,

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank benbLondon

Dear Neighbour, Thank you so much for your review, it really is much appreciated. We are delighted you popped in and tried our afternoon tea and we are glad you liked it. We hope to see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Spent two nights in this hotel and couldn't have had a better time. Used Tesco Clubcard points and got the room for £18.00 for the two nights INCLUDING breakfast. When we got to our room we were amazed at how roomy it was and the view across London was stunning. It wasn't until later on we realised we were in a Privilige room (8th floor). Had a meal in the hotel restaurant on the first night which was excellent and incredible value. Breakfast both mornings was fantastic and was all you can eat. I must commend all the staff we were served by as they were incredibly friendly and helpful. Many people seem to have a problem with the location of the hotel but we found it fine and it was a very quiet neighbourhood. All in all an excellent hotel and I would happily pay full price for a return visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dougall71

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your kind review. We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and it means a lot that you have identified our staff as really friendly and helpful. I will share your comments with the team and we hope to welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Live locally, and popped in with family for Afternoon Tea.
A lovely treat, £15pp, and well looked after by Federico, from Sardinia.
Great selection of teas, cakes, and finger sandwiches, with warm scones (plain and raisoned), all served in the traditional style.
The bar area is super, as is the hotel.
Highly recommended.
(PS...as a local, the Mercure Greenwich is easily the best hotel in the area!)

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank benbLondon

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for sharing your experience, it really is much appreciated. We are delighted you popped in and that you liked our afternoon tea. Glad Federico looked after you well and we very much hope we will see you again soon.