“GreenwichJuly 2014”

DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich
Ranked #167 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Janine W, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Reviewed 21 July 2014

2  Thank Arnold V

Reviewed 21 July 2014

1  Thank John T

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed for six nights and found this a veery good base. I was on my own and felt safe n the neighbourhood. The hotel is near to the DLR. My room was quiet.. Bed very comfortable. Good free wifi. Very helpful staff. Breakfast good value.i wil use this hotel agin when I am in London

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ciao_8

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words. This will definitely be passed on to the team. It is always a pleasure to receive such comments and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again.
Best regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was better than expected. Check in was efficient and friendly. We were incorrectly assigned two dbl rooms and these were quickly changed to twins. One room was nicer than the other (019) with big windows overlooking the adjacent park. The other I would describe as a standard 4* business hotel room. Fittings were all in good order, my only criticism of the design is the use of sliding bathroom glass doors which lack privacy.
We ate in the bar in the evening. Food was slightly above average, prices were as expected. Bar staff were friendly and helpful. The bar is very attractive, with good furnishing and a nice intimate atmosphere.
Breakfast was good value at 10GBP. Good quality buffet and other items to order, but not extra cost. Again very good staff.
Hotel Parking should be pre booked at extra cost, is secure but expensive. There is little alternative as heavy parking restrictions in this area.
We used the hotel to visit the O2. Be advised this is not walking distance (neither is Greenwich Park really) and cost c£10 each way by taxi.
Overall, a very nice hotel in an unpromising part of London which we would recommend if you need to be in this area. It is not a suitable choice if you want easy access to Heathrow or Gatwick Airports, but would be suitable for Stansted.

Room Tip: Room 019 Ground Floor big windows overlooking park.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Janine W, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words.
It is always a pleasure to know our teams have left a long lasting positive impression in our guests and your comments will be passed on to them.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Be advised, unless you intend to hang around the Greenwich area, and this is the reason for your travel, do not book this hotel. Or, do, if you simply love hanging out on the DLR. No point in wasting your time getting public transport from LHR to this place, do spend your money on a private car hire in order to arrive before you must leave. The staff was....aloof and somewhat awkward, bar did not stock what you should be able to expect in a four star hotel. While cosmetically it may look like four stars, my so called double room was at best a single, and without a window except for a small dog-door sized thing with a view to nothing at all unless you were 7 ft tall. Oh, and the staff first refused to accept a package for me, causing it to be returned, and then did not deliver a package to a driver after my departure, on both occasions the drivers tried several times unsuccessfully, both causing loss of money and a wedding outfit. Will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Do get a room with an actual WINDOW
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank iDuck85
Janine W, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure London Greenwich.
I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure London Greenwich and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.
Yours sincerely,
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I booked a twin bedded superior room for one night, and specifically requested easy access, near to lift, a fan in the room. This was confirmed in writing and later by telephone.
I was allocated a room on the 9th floor, that required access by TWO lifts and a hoist! There was a double bed ( not suitably for grandfather and grandson) . The room was very cramped, and I was unable to move into the desk area due to physical problems that I had explained on the telephone. There was only one easy chair. I was initially told that the hotel was full, but then shown a twin , standard, room on the ground floor, which I accepted.
I was told that no fans were available, and that reservations would "say anything to get a booking" without checking. This was untrue, as I had spoken to the hotel itself. The air conditioning was not working, and the promised repair did not happen.
The dinner had a menu that appeared to be brought in, frozen, and reheated. Really not satisfactory.
At breakfast I requested tomato juice, which arrived later when I was eating a cafeteria style bacon and eggs. At £15 I expect a served breakfast.
I had been pressured into buying a par park ticket , which was unnecessary as I had a disabled badge, and there are plenty of spaces just outside. I tried to explain this, but was told that overnight parking was difficult!
I left early to go to an appointment, but the invoice later given to my grandson added dinner as an additional charge, even though I had been given a DBB rate. When I subsequently send an email to the hotel this was cancelled, but I await my credit card account with interest.
No manager was available. I would have expected a letter of apology, but none has been received.
I have tried to find address or contact details on the net, but have not been able to do so.
Really, not to be recommended.

Room Tip: Not bother, as you will get something other than your choice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank priesthorch

Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback.
I have already replied to your comments through our Olakala application.
Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.
Assistant Front Office Manager