“Homely and welcoming”

Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: A young Italian transforms old English greasy spoon into the greatest traditional Italian Trattoria in MaryleboneOwner and manager Jessica Colli a young business woman from the island of Sicily, wasn't afraid to take up the challenge to transform Blandford's Café after 40 years of very little change. Jessica loves authentic & traditional Italian food so she went on and decides to open her own Restaurant where she committed to herself to deliver nothing less. Blandford's café is now a relax diner with a festive and family atmosphere open every day from 7am till 9pm, offering the greatest variety of traditional Italian dishes ranging from home-made lasagne to eggplant parmigiana and the best crispy pizza in the area, as well as freshly cooked meat items basted with the authentic Italian seasonings. Jessica want to make sure you still get the best fresh cooked English breakfasts accompanied by traditional English breakfast tea, if you are a fan of the Italian espresso or Cappuccino the choice for the new owner was simple "Illy coffee", a brand known as the master of Italian espresso brand. A wide selection of pastries, and fresh pressed juices are available, and if you fancy all that as take away Blandford's café will organise that for you.Jessica challenges you to think that Blandford's café is not just another Italian restaurant, so please go along and she and her team will prove you wrong! The young Italian that loves what she does!
Mumbai
“Homely and welcoming”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

What a sweet little homely and rustic, full on Italian cafe on Chiltern Street.... Sadly I could not try any of the food, but the coffee was very very good. The people handling the place are friendly and very Italian. Would love to go back for a meal.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Mogovv

“Amazing”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I split the fettuccini Alfredo and the pizza to check it out. The pizza was amazing and the Alfredo was just right. My mom had the homemade cannelloni which was really spectacular...creamy and light all at the same time. To me, it's the best low key, cozy, authentic Italian restaurant I've been to in London.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Delicious and Friendly”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I've walked by Il Blandfords Cafe many times living in the neighborhood and I finally decided to give it a try for lunch - and I'm glad I did!

Food: They have great menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I've been craving a good pizza and was happy to see that they had a few on the menu. I ordered the Diavola pizza and was told it was proper size for one person. It came out and was much bigger than I expected but that didn't stop me from eating ALL. OF. IT because it was sooooo delicious.

Drinks: I ordered a soft drink.

Price: 9.70 GBP for one person for lunch.

Ambiance: I sat outside because I had my dog with me. The inside looks very cozy.

Service: The service was friendly and attentive.

Would I go back? Yes! I can't wait to try their breakfast. This is a strong contender of being on my go to list in the neighborhood.

Note: They don't take credit cards, only cash. There are two banks down the block from the restaurant.

1 Thank Linda J
Ua Pou, French Polynesia
“For the love of Italian women”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The food is perfect. It makes me wish I had married an Italian wife, instead of my useless English one who can only cook cucumber sandwiches.

• Visited July 2014
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
“Bellisimo!!!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Went to this delightful family run restaurant close to baker st. on the recommendation of a friend who lives in London.
Excellent ambience of a non pretentious place that tantalizingly promises good quality home made italian food made with fresh ingredients.
Boy!!! Does the place deliver!! I must state I am not really a fan of Italian food as I do not like the heavy tomato based cheesy sauces that many Italian restaurants in the US are guilty of serving.
I ordered an appetizer of avocado and shrimp served with a remoulade sauce ( I think ). Refreshing and light.
My "pastaferian" daughter who loves Italian ordered rigatoni alla forma that had a delightfully light sauce with the pasta cooked to perfection.
My wife ordered the fettuccine bolognaise at the recommendation of the owners daughter who was also our disarmingly charming waitress. Once again, a light meat sauce delicately bathing obviously freshly made pasta cooked a la dente!
Our son had the pizza with the Parma ham , Parmesan cheese and arugula with a bare minimum of a tomato sauce. To quote my son " the best pizza I have had in my 15 year life!! "
The tiramisu was given to us compliments of the house ---- once again, superb!! No words to describe just how wonderfully the usual tiramisu ingredients were put together.
In closing, I mentioned I would love to come back here again after our European adventure of a couple of weeks before heading home -- much to the amusement of my daughter.
This place is a seriously great try that unfortunately does not serve dinner.
Thank you for restoring my faith in Italian food

• Visited July 2014