“EXCELLENT & CONVENIENT HOTEL IN WEST CENTRAL LONDON”

Ibis London Shepherds Bush
Ranked #242 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Warsaw, Poland
“EXCELLENT & CONVENIENT HOTEL IN WEST CENTRAL LONDON”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We just loved our recent 3-night July stay at this newly renovated IBIS Hotel.

It is conveniently situated in West Central London - only some 5 minutes' walk
away from the SHEPHERD'S BUSH Overground Train Station and The Tube Station
(The London Underground/Subway) - the Central Line, as well as only a bit farther
from Shepherd's Bush Market Station (Hammersmith & City plus Circle lines - directly
from St.Pancras International - EUROSTAR - on which we came to London)
[Unfortunately, there were no escalators at the latter station] - but still it's a short ride
from here to Portobello Road Market (only three stations/stops to Ladbroke Grove).
The Central Line from Shepherd's Bush Tube Station takes you directly tp Central London
in around 15 minutes (7 stops) to Oxford Circus [Regent Street].
There is a small common or park - Shepherd's Bush Common/Green near the hotel
and the famous concert venue Shepherd's Bush Empire is only 5 minutes walk away
to the left at the end of the abovementioned park.
The hotel is conveniently situated almost next door to a small shopping mall West 12
with Morrisons (a supermarket with fresh fruit, drinks and other groceries) and to a Pizza Express restaurant also to the right of the hotel entrance.
There is also a fine, huge and ultramodern Shopping Mall/Center - WESTFIELD LONDON
some 200 yards/meters further away from Shepherd's Bush Tube Station. It is really
gigantic with lots of fine eateries, cafes and restaurants and a good supermarket WAITROSE (with fine fresh fruit, sandwiches and drinks).

After an easy, short check-in we took an elevator/lift up and went to our room. The medium-sized room at the end of the corridor (a bit larger than in some other IBIS hotels) was nice, cosy and quite comfortable. Pretty quiet although near a busy street (Shepherd's Bush Green St.).
There was air-conditioning in, however, as it was unusually warm, even hot, for London,
when we came back to the hotel at night we opened the window to air the room and also left it open for the night - air-conditioned air is usually too dry for us. It was quite OK to sleep with the window ajar (slightly open), the traffic did not turn out to be too noisy. The window was good, soundproof, double glazed, and could be fully opened, which was good and fortunate, unlike in some other hotels in which you cannot fully open the window.
A comfortable large double bed was with firm mattresses; unfortunately, the pillows were, to our mind and experience, too high and too hard. There was a small bench to sit on at a table top. A widescreen Philips LCD TV with lots of English and foreign-language channels was also a plus. There was enough space for baggage - and 5 shelves and hangers for clothes.

What we also love about the hotels in the British Isles (UK & Ireland alike) is that there are
tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms. (Unfortunately, we do not have them in hotels in Germany.) The Shepherd's Bush Hotel offers Nescafe sticks and excellent English Breakfast Tea (plus 2 infusions - Calming Camomile & Invigorating Peppermint) - all by TWININGS
- the oldest tea company in the world since 1706 - there is a fine tea room/store at 216 on the Strand - in the same place here in London since 1706! And you can visit it and try fine teas there every day. There were also plastic spoons, which we could not find in another London hotel. Sometimes such details also make a difference and are memorable and impressive.
The bathroom: The circular pod-like capsule (cubicle) with an extremely comfortable shower
is our favorite type of IBIS hotel bathrooms (we also have such bathrooms in our favorite IBIS hotels in Germany). The pod is large and very functional with one of the best (or even the best) showers we have ever found in hotels all over the world. A large shower head with a long hose, enough room even for two people, to rotate while taking a shower, all that makes such an ordinary act of showertaking after a hot day in the city an extremely pleasant experience.
It was also very bright in the bathrrom (good lighting), with a large mirror over the sink,
so it was easy for my hubby to have a shave there. Double flush with watersaving/full flush options. The clean towels were exchanged when needed.
All in all, it was an excellent choice for us, we know we can expect from IBIS, we expect something else when we stay at the Kempinski hotels. The hotel rate was more moderate for London and much better than otherwise exorbitant, unreasonably high rates in Central London.
The surrounding area much more pleasant and quieter, less crowded than that of downtown
hotels in the city center. We later moved to another hotel in Central London, which was much worse in comparison and we just wished we had stayed at Shepherd's Bush Ibis Hotel for the whole of our stay in London. So we will, for sure, recall our stay there with pleasure, and we will most probably stay there on our next visit to London.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SYLTERSTRAND
Damien L, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis London Shepherd's Bush.
Damien LERCHUNDI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2013

For £99 a night in peak summer season in London, it's a great deal. And to have air-conditioning during the odd heatwaves was a huge benefit. I was a little worried that being in Zone 2 of the Central Line would be an annoying "commute" but I found it wasn't that bad and in 10 minutes you're in the main tourist spots. And Shepherd's Bush is a very good area for restaurants and shopping as well and of course cheaper than the "tourist trap" places.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Carl C
Damien L, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at ibis London Shepherd's Bush. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.
Ormskirk, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Very helpful staff. Room lovely and clean. Stayed with my daughter while we watched some shows. Couldn't fault the hotel at all. Lovely and quiet didn't hear any traffic or other guests. Air con was a great addition as it was hot in London at the time! Had problems with a hairdryer but a new one was provided within minutes. Would definitely stay here again. Really close to the Shepherds Bush tube station so that was convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Deb F
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis London Shepherd's Bush again very soon.
ireland
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The Ibis Shepherds Bush is everything you would want, excellent cleanliness, lovely room, extremely friendly and helpful staff and the location is excellent. I stayed here for 5 nights and I will most definatley be returning, thank you to the staff who were most helpful.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank IrelandColleen
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.
Taranto, Italy
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Very nice hotel, clean and absolutely not expensive. It's located at about a 5-minute walk from the tube station and at no more than a 20-minute ride to everywhere in London.
Rooms are quiet and the beds are just perfect.
The staff is always nice, friendly, and ready to give you any kind of information.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to ibis London Shepherd's Bush very soon.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel was clean, well-priced (for London), had a great location and the staff were absolutely amazing!! Definite 5 stars in my books!

I arrived on a Thursday morning, about four hours ahead of check-in time. This was during Wimbledon, so sadly, they didn't have a room ready for me, and they apologized (while I was the one four hours early!!). They offered to keep my bags safe in a locked room while I went out and explored London. I was gone ALL. DAY. LONG. I returned to the hotel about 12 hours later. My room was ready, they grabbed my bag, and I was checked in in no time.

In the room, I was impressed with how clean it was. I had come from another London hotel which was dirrrrrrty, so this was a nice change! Everything was in working order, and well taken care of. My only possible complaint of the whole stay might be the towels - would have been nice to have a facecloth and larger towels, but that's a stretch for a complaint!! The included (free) WiFi was also pretty good - not super high speed, but certainly reasonable!

Once I settled in, I headed downstairs to grab a bite to eat in the restaurant and have a drink. The restaurant was basic at dinnertime, food was ok. They let me take my drink and a glass up to my room to enjoy in peace - bonus! While on the topic of the restaurant, I will say that breakfast was AMAZING. They offered a full hot breakfast with eggs, sausages, bacon, beans, and potatoes, as well as fruits, breads/pastries and cereals. I loooooved breakfast!

The staff at the hotel were great too. Very friendly and helpful, they were able to answer questions about the surrounding area, and make recommendations.

The hotel itself is located a three minute walk from the tube station, which was great, because I was out and about travelling all day. There's also a Starbucks across the street, and some great little places to grab a quick bite to eat.

All in all - I loved it. Couldn't have been happier, and will definitely return if I'm back in London again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Leigh O
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis London Shepherd's Bush.