“Clean and friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis London Shepherds Bush

Ibis London Shepherds Bush
Ranked #217 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Western area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is a budget (+) hotel, and I review it according to that.

It is not central London, but close to the tube. From leaving my hotelroom it takes 15-20 minutes to mid Oxford street, and that is ok. Great shopping at Westfield Shopping Centre nearby.

Service at hotel is ok. Breakfast is ok. Despite heavy traffick outside, the windows are good and the noise is low.

My only problem with the hotel was the plumbing (pipes). As I stayed at the 1st floor, the pipes where quite noisy when someone (in rooms above me) flushed using the pipes connected to my bathroom. Was it a problem the stops me from using this hotel again, probably not, but I might want to ask for a room higher up. But it stops me giving the perfect score at this review.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank polljen
Damien L, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
We at the ibis London Shepherd's Bush very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments in order to resolve them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Orebro, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a really nice hotel, specially compared to the standard London hotels usually have. The rooms were clean and fresh and the same with the rest of hotel. It is located close to both buses, and the tube. The only downside was that nothing we went to visit was within a walking distance, but I guess that was up to us.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank l0ckig
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at ibis London Shepherd's Bush. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.
Ballerup, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I used Ibis Shepherds Bush because of a local meeting, and was delighted to find a tremendously clean and friendly hotel. Generally, I've found Ibis beds uncomfortable in the past, but mine was extremely comfortable, and breakfast was very good. More importantly staff were knowledgeable and friendly. Would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike2760
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis London Shepherd's Bush again very soon.
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We liked that we were really close to the Shepard;s Bush tube stop and all the buses you need stop right by the hotel. Great street life, we felt like we were actual Londoners staying here. Lots of shops, street food, as well as a grocery store all within a very close walk. Room was comfortable, food was good, service was good. I agree that the area may seem a bit unsafe for some travelers. We didn't return to the hotel extremely late, but did come back around 11pm with no problems. With that said, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WhoWantsCookies
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis London Shepherd's Bush.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Great little place, close to everything and the breaky was lush!! sausages were banging!! Theres a great shopping mall close too with everything in. If you go VIP then you get discount on it to which was pretty good. Its close to the O2 empire and would be my first choice if I wanted to go and see a band there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LiamFrank
Damien L, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this review, 14 October 2013