“Good alternative in London”

Ibis London Shepherds Bush
Ranked #231 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pordenone, Italy
“Good alternative in London”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have to disclose that I'm not an Accor Hotel fun, it's always my last option when I book an hotel and I was invited to try Ibis at Shepherds Bush by the excellent rate offered (London hotels are by far the most expensive in Europe and I'd say they offer the worst price/quality ratio too). I visited TripAdv references and I decided to confirm the booking. It was a good choice. OK, it's just an Ibis with all its standards (pre-made rooms, basic service, no frills....) but rooms are large and with a wooden aspect on the basement, bed is soft and very large, wifi free throughout the premises. Excellent breakfast at reasonable price. Location is not the best if you prefer to stay in downtown, however in 3 minutes walking you can find the metro (central line) and in 10-12 min wou can reach Holland Park and Notting Hill. I'll definitely consider Ibis @ Shepherds Bush next time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Merengue70
Damien L, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis London Shepherd's Bush.
Damien LERCHUNDI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
St. Moritz, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Whilst still being a no-frills chain, this Ibis impresses with its modern and hip reception area (with plenty of newspapers and magazines available), professional and helpful staff, and most importantly: large rooms, far larger than the average for London.
The hotel is adjacent to a shopping centre which has a Morrisons supermarket and a Holland & Barett (useful for picking up a healthy breakfast). Didn't try the hotel's breakfast as it was more standard fare (beans, mash, bacon, sugary cereals). Hotel is close to the mega shopping centre Westfield as well as the Tube station and several bus lines.
Slept very well and didn't hear other guests so sound insulation must be good. Only negative might be that the bathroom doesn't have a separate shower cabin, so you must be careful not to flood floor when showering.
Overall a hotel to definitely keep in mind for London stays!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sineadj81
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at ibis London Shepherd's Bush.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed here for 1 night when attending a concert at Hammersmith Apollo. Location was great, with easy transport options on the door step. We caught a black cab taxi from the hotel to the Apollo and cost was about £7.00, but tube station and bus stops are almost right outside the door.

Room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was spotless and the shower was very good - spacious, hot and with good pressure. Only given 1 bath towel each though and no hand towels.

We got a competitive rate even though we only booked a few days beforehand and price included sparkling wine on arrival, breakfast and a discount voucher for Westfueld shopping centre. Breakfast was OK, not sure I would want to pay the normal rate of £8.95 each though and would have been helpful if someone had pointed out where everything was, where to sit etc.

Parking is very easy, just behind the hotel and with a door straight from the car park to the first floor elevators, so not too far to carry your luggage. Cost for 24 hours was £15.00.

Overall we liked the hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again. I have already recommended it to some work colleagues.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank nicolam23
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to ibis London Shepherd's Bush very soon. Apologies if you did not receive our standard and proper "Breakfast welcome" from my team who should effectively offer you a table and explain you about the bueefet - rest assued I already personally look into this and trainings have been reviewed with my team.
Serris, France
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The 3 times I've been in London this year have seen me at this hotel and I hope to stay again soon.

I like the Ibis chain as you know what you are getting and it's always been consistant.

This one is very good because of it's location, lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance plus you are on the Central line only a few stops away from Oxford street.

The rooms are basic but well thought out space wise and the new bedding is great and really comfy.

The shower had excellent water pressure but I wish that there were better quality towels and why can't there be a hand towel as well as the bath one ?

The tea and coffee is a nice touch and if if you don't like instant, the bar downstairs does decent coffee and decent prices.

I've never tried the b/fast buffet as I find £8.95 expensive or the restaurant but it's nice to know that they are there if you need them.

All the staff I've dealt with have been very friendly and helpful and you feel safe staying there when you are on your own.

3 Thank charliehonk
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your third stay with us at ibis London Shepherd's Bush. I hope we can be part again of your future travel plans.
Sao Paulo
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed here for five nights - room clean and modern - more on the basic side than fancy. Do think Ibis policy of not giving individual safes in rooms - relying instead on lockers in a a store room is a mistake. No minibar either. They operate a two tier internet system - and the basic free level is only adequate. Toilet/shower clean and modern almost like of one of those pods that are a feature of some modern Japanese cities - and rather oddly a step up from the rest of the room which might be a bit of a hazard. Location is first class near to both London tube and major Westfield shopping centre with cinemas and restaurants. Short hop to central London. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Great location, friendly staff and quiet area. I liked this hotel. We stayed here 2 nights during the ATP Finals in November 2013.
One of the nicest touches I experienced here was that when we left the room , we left the do not disturb sign on the door. When we returned the maid left a bag with fresh towels and other amenities in it for our use. This is what I like. In most hotels they just enter the room and clean it up. I don't like that. That is what I use that 'do not disturb' sign for. In this hotel they do respect that! Great. Thanks!

One note about breakfast: I think it was 9 GBP per pax. If you walk out the hotel and make a right towards underground station Shepard Bush there is across the street a mall. On the first floor there is a bar/restaurant. The name is: Wetherspoon Restaurant and bar They serve breakfast much cheaper and better then in the hotel

1 Thank TravelMountain
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at ibis London Shepherd's Bush. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.