“Plenty of restaurants in the area”

Ibis London Shepherds Bush
Ranked #232 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Skien, Norway
“Plenty of restaurants in the area”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Ok rooms, but dirt and dust on the floor was not cleaned for our entire 6 day stay. Bathroom was cleaned to satisfaction, but bedroom should have been cleaner. Did not complain to the reseption as I am not a cleanfreak.

Breakfast was mediocre, but taking to cost into consideration - it was bad. Never paid so much for breakfast anywhere.

Location is good if you want to avoid the center of London. Plenty of nice restaurants in the area. Will recomend Harana Meze, across the park, witch has the most amazing genuine Turkish food!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Damien L, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them as this is not a refelction of our standards.
Damien LERCHUNDI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This hotel is situated adjacent to Shepherds Bush Green, useful connections for bus, tube and train.

The hotel is a typically efficient and clean Ibis hotel with good service and comfortable rooms. We stayed for one night and had a good nights sleep.

As we were going to a concert at Shepherds Bush Empire we caught a bus from nearby to the hotel to the venue, a very easy journey.

We did not stay for breakfast but the bar/restaurant looked very clean and well laid out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin B
Damien L, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis London Shepherd's Bush. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

It's a great location, being just a couple minutes from the tube station which is basically connected to Westfield here. There's a lot of shops around, including some local smaller shops and convenience stores so it makes it easy to stock up on items, with enough restaurants around providing a huge range of choices.

The bed was comfy and the rooms were big enough that it was easy for two people to get around in. There was space to put items around including multiple shelves. If we hadn't brought hangers this may have been an issue, but folding them up and sticking them on a shelf wouldn't be an issue as the hotel provide iron and ironing board if needed. Nice to have a TV even if it wasn't a great one, but some entertainment and background noise always helps. Air con worked well enough, though it wasn't really needed too much.

Staff were friendly and helpful from when I got there to when I left and the check in/out was really quick - straight forward and simple. Umbrellas here were a great addition, as it was really needed on some days out! The only issue I really had was the bathrooms - all clean and shower was spacious, there isn't much space around everything else and seems a bit cramped, almost like a wet room, which wasn't good at keeping the noise in either. Also, the soap provided for shampoo/body wash was irritating and didn't go well with my skin, so glad I had my own to go back onto. There was no noise coming from any other rooms, whether they were empty or sound proofed well I couldn't say, but being on the 4th floor certainly kept out street noise.

All in all I'm glad with staying here, with it being in a great location but mainly at such a great price compared to everything else that was around I would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Higher floor seems to be quieter
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Damien L, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Hereford
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed here previously and will provably do so again. Convenient for Westfield shopping centre and Shepherds Bush tube station. Only about 40 minute walk to Kensington/Knightsbridge if you fancy it. Typical Ibis, functional, clean with friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I’m so glad you visited us again that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at ibis London Shepherd's Bush. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The hotel is a great location just a block or so away from the central line! It has everything you could ask for in a budget hotel: Great price, location, comfy bed, sparkling clean, helpful staff and new furnishings. It is also really convenient: Just next door, if you are feeling lazy, is a Pizza Express and nearby convenience stores, Superdrug and Marks and Spencer make it a bit easier if you just need to pop down and grab some snacks or toiletries. I'm so excited to have found this place that I already intend on recommending it to all my friends passing through London.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to ibis London Shepherd's Bush again very soon. Kind regards,