“Another great stay with Ibis” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis London Shepherds Bush

Ibis London Shepherds Bush
Ranked #217 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

This hotel was very good choice for our trip to London. Shepherds Bush station was around the corner and you get straight to the Oxford Circus and Oxford Street without any changes by tube. The area is very nice and clean and there were many cafés and restaurants in Shepherds Bush. There is also a massive shopping centre Westfield. The rooms were big and clean, beds were nice and there really wasn't any complaining about the hotel. We didn't take the breakfast so I can't tell anything about it. Especially one good thing was that there were one big empty area at the floor, so you can leave your suitcases opened and the room doesn't feel too crowded! It was really good for two females with a lot of luggages. I recommend this hotel to all my friends!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Damien L, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis London Shepherd's Bush. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
Port Hardy, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I got sick on a tour and returned to London early on my own. Prices of hotels in the city were phenomenally expensive, but for what I paid for my stay here, the quality was amazing. A 3 minute walk from the Shepherd's Bush tube station, with as many amenities around as you could hope for. Check in staff advised me of the locations of the closest hospitals and clinics as soon as they heard I was sick. The room was bright, very clean, warm and inviting. Compared to the other hotel I'd stayed in before my tour departed London, the Ibis was a 5 star. Bed was very comfortable, and even though I was suffering and ill while I stayed there, I slept really well. I would have liked to try their sleep app, but it was only developed for apple at the time. Definitely recommend staying here if you're in London for any reason.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kari L
Damien L, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at ibis London Shepherd's Bush - despite being sick and having had to alter your orignal plans. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.
Toulon, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

On arrival, I happened by Veronkia on reception- and she was fantastic. As a Platinum member of Accor I was treated very well (sometimes in France, not at all so this should be a lesson to the corporation on their Home turf).

Excellent position, cosy, but very nice rooms and ideal for me due to work locations nearby. And the internet - free - and of a decent quality.

All of the staff here are excellent and a credit to the brand and this property in particular. Great breakfast too.

More elegant and expensive hotels could learn from the staff and helpfulness here.

When out in that part of London, for me, it is the best hotel bar none.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank IanCar
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis London Shepherd's bush.
Oslo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights due to a concert my wife and I were attending at the Shepperds Bush Empire (o2) in november 2013 . Walking distance to venue, the tube and a very big shopping mall. The hotel is clean, rooms are spacious and breakfast is OK. Pricewise we booked through an internet broker so we saved some money there. For us this was the perfect place to stay, given our schedule - but if you want to explore a little more of London, you may want to find a hotel closer to the town center.
Only negative issue we experienced was that the staff in the reception also had to cater for the people wanting to eat breakfast, which made it a little chaotic in the mornings when you wanted to have breakfast and had to wait until 5 people had checked out first - but maybe this was due to a shortage of staff on the days we visited.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them.
Herzliya, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and extended for another night. We would have stayed longer!
The service at the hotel is excellent. The place is very clean and quiet. The room is reasonably sized, the double bed was very comortable. Breakfast is great and definitely worth the price.
The use of IBIS Internet Website for reservations is very flexible and convenient. The bus stops and tube station are very near.
Westfield mall is also very near and there are many dining and shopping around. The hotel itself is located in a small mall that accomodates many stores, including Morrison's fabulous Supermarket.
However, there is some distance from city center and those limited by a baby stroller or so will find it a bit difficult and time consuming to get to the other side of the city, like the British Museum or Tate Modern, since busses are slow and many Tube stations are not accessible that way.

Room Tip: I believe that the upper levels are more quiet than the ground one.