“Another great ibis hotel”

Ibis London Shepherds Bush
Ranked #231 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Canberra, Australia
“Another great ibis hotel”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel maintains the ibis standard of great value hotels that are clean and comfortable. If you are happy to be out of central london but still be well connected, this hotel is for you. Great breakfast options (including full English breakfast).

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Damien L, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for your kind reviews about Ibis Shepherds Bush.
We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you shortly.
BEst regards
Emilie Dengremont

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at the Ibis Shepherd's Bush for two nights in mid-June. The hotel is clean and comfortable, conveniently located right across the street the Shepherd's Bush tube station on the Central line. This means that, even though you'll be staying outside the city center, you'll have easy access to anything you might want to see.

I was traveling alone, as I often do, so safety was my primary concern. I never felt unsafe in or anywhere around this hotel. Shepherd's Bush is a working class neighborhood, but that's a plus in my book--you'll have the chance to see how regular people live in London, rather than being surrounded by fellow tourists all the time. There are lots of dining options within walking distance of the hotel, and the fashionable Notting Hill/Kensington area is only a 20 minute walk away. If you're up for a walk of that distance and aren't dragging enormous baggage behind you, I'd recommend walking to the Hammersmith station when you're ready to head for Heathrow. This will save you the hassle of dragging your luggage up and down stairs at three different tube stations.

Small things prevent me from giving this hotel five stars: one of the two hotel elevators was out of service throughout the entirety of my stay, which meant that I wound up schlepping my luggage down several flights of stairs when I was ready to depart and the one working elevator never stopped at my floor. I assume many other guests were trying to depart at the same time. Similarly, the printers in the business center and the hotel office were also out of service. Luckily, the front desk printer was in working order and the desk staff member on duty was happy to print out my boarding pass after I'd emailed it to the hotel. As I said, these are small things, but they're inconveniences nevertheless. If I could, I'd give the hotel 4.5 stars.

Overall, I would definitely stay in this hotel again. It's a great value in a very expensive (though lovely) city.

Room Tip: I booked a room with a double bed and found it more spacious than I'd expected.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guests,
I would like to thank you on behalf of the hotel team for your kind comments about your recent stay with us in Ibis Sheperds Bush. I am sorry to read that you experienced some inconveniences during your stay. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back very shortly.
Many thansk and kind regards

Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Ibis is very close both to the underground and the overground/train station. Just a few minutes walk.
The hotel looks nothing special from the outside but the decor once you enter is indeed very charming and modern. Friendly welcome along with a great staff. The had breakfast there which was good, we did have to wait a bit to get a table at peak time yet, the staff was very attentive and welcome us. Told us we were welcome to grab a cup of coffee while waiting and we didn't wait more then two minutes and then were finally seated.
Wi-fi works perfectly, Westfield is 10 minutes walk, great connections everywhere, couldn't ask for a better location.
Price: expensive, given the fact we booked last minute so cannot really blame that on Ibis, we should have book earlier.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear guests,
Thank you eevr so much for your nice comments about your stay in Ibis Shepherds Bush. It always nice to read that our guests enjoy staying with us.
I hope we will welcome you soon.
Kindest rgeards
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A good value and comfortable stay. If you are looking for a comfortable and reasonable price accommodation. This is the one you could consider. In addition to its' convenience location and with a big shopping mall in close proximity are definite an advantage.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Damien L, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay with us in Ibis Shepherds Bush.
We all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very shortly.

Kind regards

Malta, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, affordable, free wifi, 5 minutes from westfields shopping paradise, bus stop is round the corner, underground is across the road, 3 bus stops from theatre in hammersmith, fantastic small restaurants in the same road, cinema across the road too! Staff helpful. Will def return! Ohhhh just wish there was a bath not a shower in the room

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your nice comments about your stay in Ibis Shepherds Bush. We are all glad you enjoyed staying with us and we hope to welcome you soon.
Best regards
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights and found it to be a great choice. We received such a warm welcome from Cynthia on reception, which included asking us if we had any room preference, enquiring what we were planning to do in London and showing us a map with some of the main sites on it. The room was as expected, and a good size. It had tea/coffee, large TV, ample coat hangers and a comfy bed. The pillows were a bit lumpy. Breakfast is the biggest challenge for the hotel as the area is just not big enough to accommodate the guests. But the staff manage it as well as they can. The food quality was good, it's just a matter of insufficient tables. The staff turn their hand to everything here, reception, breakfast etc. which is nice. The hotel is well located with the tube station just across the road as is the Westfield Shopping Centre. There is also a supermarket in the shopping centre next door. There are both local and chain restaurants within easy walking distance. We took the bus into Oxford Street one day which was a nice, if slightly slow, trip.

Room Tip: Even numbers do not front Rockley Road and are therefore quiet. There are only four floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Damien L, Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your kind review.
I am glad you had a good stay with us & look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards, Izabela Biernaczyk
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Friendly staff. Easy access from Heathrow and into Central London.
5 min walk from Shepherds Bush and Goldhawk Rd station. Across road from massive Westfield shopping centre. Standard room - nothing special. But worth saving the money to stay here. Very good quality continental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind review.
It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Kind regards, Izabela Biernaczyk