“IBIS guaranteed...”

Ibis London Shepherds Bush
Ranked #251 of 1,075 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is a good hotel for anyone needing easy access to Central London while staying away from the chaotic traffic of the city. Room was comfortably with a double and good blackout curtains. Everything was clean enough. I especially appreciate a very good breakfast and free wi-fi connection in the room. Location was nice, very close to the tube network. Even if your choice of a hotel is only for a shower and a bed to sleep at night, you will be conquered by the friendly welcome you'll receive from the young staff at the reception. A special mention for Martina, Grazia, Mario and all the others of which I don't remember the name but have appreciated courtesy and helpfulness. Thanks everybody.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brunobarbiero
Emilie D, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guests,
Thank you ever so much for your review about your recent stay. As an employee, it is always very rewarding to have his / her name on tripadvisor showing how great they could have been. Once again, thank you so much.
Kind regrads
emilie Dengremont

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is our second stay at this hotel. The reason we came back? The location! Situated just a couple of minutes from Westfield London and Shepherd´s Bush station (Central Line) it is (at least for me) the perfect place for a long weekend or a mid week break in London.

The staff is polite (although their English skills could have been better). Rooms are modern and clean. I would however like to point out (as others have done before me) that there should be at least 2 bins for rubbish in the room. We only had one, which was placed in the bathroom. In addition to this there has been a stong perfume odor in the rooom both times we have stayed at this hotel. I think it comes from a spray housekeeping uses. I don´t know if it´s being used to cover up something else, but it sure doesn´t smell well and I belive that some people may react negative to this. On a more positive note the room we had this time was noticeably larger than the one we had last time, actually pretty good compared to other budget hotels we´ve stayed at.

Wi-Fi is free, but the connection is slow. You can however by a faster connection from the reception (£3 for 24 hours access).

It is still a good hotel and if I stumble upon any good rates I might as well be back on another occation.

Room Tip: Some rooms seem to be larger than others. Ours (#210) was a larger one, facing a parking lot (so it...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guests,
thank you so much for your review about your recent stay with us in Ibis Shepherds Bush.
I hjpe we will welcome you back shortly !
Many thanks and regard.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is my third time staying at an Ibis hotel. Not qualified as an experienced Ibis customer, I must say, but I know what I'll get by staying at one: friendly staff, good location, clean room, yummy breakfast, free wifi (this is not a given, by the way). Ibis Shepherds Bush is of no exception. The only complaint I want to make is the bed was a tad too small. Mind you I am a medium-sized Asian girl at only 5'3" tall and I did almost roll over the bed for at least twice! Apart from that I am satisfied with what I paid for, especially at a bargain price.

A tip for those coming to and from Heathrow: don't bother taking the Piccadilly line to Holborn and change for the Central line to Shepherds Bush, you will have to take your bags upon and down staircases while making the interchange. Take the Piccadilly line to Earl's Court, change for the District Line to West Brompton and take the Overground to Shepherds Bush, in this case you have step-free access all the way.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mandy H

Dear guests,
MAny thanks for your third stay wih us ! We are always glad to see returning and satisfied guests. We are now awaiting for you for a 4th one.
MAny thanks and regards

General manager

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed here for a few nights in early July 2014, got to say, if all the Ibis hotels are of the same format, then I will not be staying in one again.
The room was tiny even though it was two person room, the bed was possibly the smallest bed I have ever slept in, I had to prop it against a wall just to make sure I did not roll over and fall out.
On checking in, I found that a key that had been left for me to pick up, was nowhere to be found at reception, I had to spend considerable time convincing them I was staying there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Emilie D, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear guests,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedbacks about your recent stay in ibis Shpherds Bush. I am really sorry to read that your experience was not up to your expectations. should you wish to discuss this further, you can contact me at anytime on h7813-gm@accor.com.
Many thanks in advance.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Ibis Shepherds Bush is an easy place to stay - for example for a few days sightseeing and shopping i London.
Everything works. Reception, wifi, breakfast (although a bit more space would be nice). The rooms are clean and well functioning. The staff helpful.
Shepherds Bush i a lively, mixed and interesting part of London - with many nationalities living there. Lots of shops and restaurants, AND the gigantic Westfield shopping centre 300 metres from the hotel. Loftus Road, home of Queens Park Rangers.
Getting to the city couldn't be much easier. Busses just outside the hotel door (almost) and a major tube station just around the corner - a couple of hundred metres away.
All in all: better value for money than most London hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jens1960

Dear guests,
I would like to thank you for your kind comments and I hope we will welcome you back in a near future.
Kind regards

Emilie

Reviewed 4 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Emilie D, General Manager at Ibis London Shepherds Bush, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Reviewed 3 August 2014