Ibis London Blackfriars
US$308
US$285
Travelocity
3,607 results
All reviewsjubilee linelondon eyesouth banktube stationtate modernborough marketfree wifiminute walkcomfortable bedwalking distanceexcellent locationtesco expressearly checkclean hotelconvenient locationshower roombusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The hotel is great and is located a few meters from Southwark Station and Blackfirar train station. The rooms are very clean and with a lot of space. The breakfast, which was not included, is very good. I recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Ibis London B, Assistant General Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Thank you so much for this 5 out of 5 and this great review following your stay in the ibis London Blackfriars ! I'm really happy to see that you have enjoyed staying with us !

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I loved this hotel but got a bit frustrated by the small room and bathroom as I was there for 10 nights. There was no space for two full sized cases and the bathroom solution is novel but noisy and cramped.

Efficient and early check in was appreciated. Room on an upper level faced a side street and very very quiet. I didn't hear a door bang or anything from other rooms. Fantastic sound proofing which I didn't expect in a budget hotel. No clothes iron in the room which was annoying.

The bathroom reminded me of being on a boat! It was fine but a but cramped. The complimentary 'all in one' soap on the sink wasn't filled at any point during our stay which was a bit cheeky. Housekeeping was also a bit stingy with loo roll and only left one spare even if the current roll was practically empty. Had to call for extra a few times. Requests for extra pillows and towels were all promptly responded to.

The location was amazing. Being just outside the heart of town, the restaurants and pubs around it felt less touristy and there was a lot to choose from. The Cut, just behind the hotel had everything you need including a supermarket, cash points, pubs, restaurants and much more. Fantastic for access to Waterloo as well as the South Bank.

Very good value hotel. Would stay there again as I loved how quiet the room was and the location.

Room Tip: Try to get one which doesn't face the main road.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ziva D

Thank you so much for having provided us with such a detailed feedback following your stay in hotel. I have taken on board your remark with regards to our barhroom amenities. I was really pleased to read that you have appreciated our value for price paid. Thank you again !

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel as a last result after my first accommodation did not work out. To my surprise, I was met by a group of very friendly staff who made my day much better after a very long day of travel. They also planned my route and recommended places to see during the 3 days I was going to be there. Besides the great staff, the location was fantastic. It was conveniently located from all the main attractions. Definitely will recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the city view room, u'll get to see the London Eye
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

I was really pleased to see that our team has participated in making your stay in the ibis London Blackfriars enjoyable ! Thank you for having taken the time to leave a review here !

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I've stayed 4 nights for a one week-long business and I've been charmed by this hotel.

First of all by its location, very close to Tube station(Jubilee line) that allowed me to just have only 20 minutes long trip to my workplace, very nice.

Second by the room. Very modern and clean twin-bed room. All I needed for my stay was here, including coffee, several power outlets. Also, more curious but nonetheless enjoyable was the bathroom, a modular one just installed in one of the room corner.
Room was also very quiet.

Third by the food delivered by the hotel and its wonderful restaurant Foog's. Dinner was just every night a pleasure. Team was also very kind and efficient. Also, the breakfast was the first thas was REALLY like a British-one from my point of view. You can choose to take whatever you want like sausage, ham, fruits, coffee, etc.

Great hotel, I'll return there for sure.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much, I am really pleased to see that you have thoroughly enjoyed staying with us and that you are considering returning in the future ! We would be delighted to have the chance to welcome you again !

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times this last year, and it's a great budget option for your London break. The hotel is conveniently located only a short stroll from Southwark tube station, and taxis are readily available outside on the busy Blackfriars Road.

The lobby has a modern decor, with a bar/restaurant and additional seating arrangements. There is a computer and printer available for guests to use. Perfect if you for instance need to print your boarding pass.

The rooms are decorated to the standard no-frills Ibis style. Everything you need, and nothing you don't. The bathroom has a shower cubicle. The beds are comfy and the windows are insulated to keep out the sounds of the city. The rooms still feel new and were clean.

Wi-Fi is complimentary and free of charge in the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your comment. It is good to hear that you are one of our regular guests and that you are enjoying our facilities. We hope to welcome you again in 2014 !