3,784 results
All reviewsjubilee linesouth banklondon eyetube stationtate modernborough marketfree wifiminute walkcomfortable bedwalking distanceexcellent locationearly checkconvenient locationbusiness tripbig benshort staytea and coffee
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. Clean, quiet, excellent location.
We didn't bother with breakfast as there are so many cafés along the river , but did have dinner one night which couldn't be faulted. Staff were very helpful.
The hotel is in an excellent location with all of the main tourist spots within 30mins walk or you can use southwark, blackfriars, Waterloo or St. Paul's tube stations.
No pool or gym - Novotel next door has that but £100 more a night.

Room Tip: We asked for adjoining rooms and this was no problem.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Ibis London B, Assistant General Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you so much for this excellent review. I was really pleased to see that our location has met your expectations. Thank you as well for the nice comment about our team which I will happily share with them !

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Very nice new hotel. Great rooms and excellent location near city centre.

Just 10-15 minutes walk to London Eye or 15-20 minutes walk to Tower Bridge!

Tube station is just 3-5 minutes walk from Hotel and Nando's restaurant (great choice for dinners or lunch) is also opposite of Tube station

Room Tip: It is better to have room on higher floors for better view. My room was on 10th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for this extremely positive review. I am pleased to see that you found our location convenient. Looking forward to welcome you soon again !

Reviewed 21 February 2014

For the money and experience we've had with them, generally speaking they're a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and come with all the facilities you'd normally expect. The staff are friendly and the breakfast was great - will no doubt be staying again with them in the future :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

I was really happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in the ibis London Blackfriars ! Thank you for having highlighted the cleanliness of our hotel, the content of our breakfast and the friendliness of our staff !

Reviewed 21 February 2014

The hotel was easy to get to and perfectly placed for the places we wanted to visit in London. The staff were welcoming and check in was simple as I'd booked and paid online. Our room was simple and very clean. I like the self contained pod bathroom and the bed was very comfortable. There were tea and coffee making facilities in the room however although there was decaf coffee there wasn't any decaf tea. We had a sandwich at lunchtime in the restaurant which I felt was very good value for money, it was tasty and filling. The self service breakfast in the morning was good although there were no fried eggs and again no decaf tea and only instant decaf coffee. I would have given the hotel 5 stars but for the lack of decaf tea, good decaf coffee and no fried egg for breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for having taken the time to comment your stay with us. I was really glad to read that you have all in all enjoyed staying with us. Thank you as well for having highlighted what would be for you some points of improvement. I truly believe this can help us improve our guests' satisfaction. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in the near future !

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Back for another stay.
When we checked in I asked for a room on a high floor and we were allocated Floor 11.
As soon as we got out of the lift, I saw that the room was opposite the lift, so I went straight back to reception and requested a change of room. It was no problem and we got a quiet room on Floor 12.
Hotel is in a great location, a few minutes walk from Southwark Tube Station
Spotlessly clean, excellent staff,great free WiFi, fabulous breakfast.
My only (small) complaint is that the towels were a bit thin, other than that, a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your loyalty to our hotel. It's good to hear that you are one of our regular guests ! I am pleased to see that our team has been able to provide you with a room that met your expectations. Looking forward to welcome you back !