“Great place!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Budapest, Hungary
“Great place!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

It is a brand new, lovely place. 1 minute from tube station. Modern, staff very helpful. Rooms are not too big, but well designed, so you can fit, as in most Ibis hotels. Fantastic breakfast served till noon! For sure, we will come back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Annaliz99
Ibis London B, General Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards,
Damien LERCHUNDI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed iBIS London Blackfriars, Last year.
It was very clean and comfortable. Especially, eco-friendly shampoo felt so good.
I had skin problem. During the stay, I didn't suffer from my skin problem.
I want to know the brand name of eco-friendly shampoo.
Then I will buy it in person.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank vagabond7171
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis London Blackfriars.
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on business on more than a dozen occasions over the last 6 months and have always found the amenities and staff to be good.

My most recent stay was for one night on Sunday 26th May. At 7.45 am on Monday 27th I attempted to have a shower to find that there was no hot water at all in the room and despite running the shower for several minutes it was still freezing cold. I had to be out of the hotel by 0830 hrs for a meeting at 0900hrs. I was left with no alternative but to forego a shower. At 0820 i went to reception to checkout and complained about the lack of hot water.

The receptionist consulted his "Team leader" and I was offered a 50% discount on my restaurant bill (£11). I was not happy with this and told them so but as i needed to be at a meeting at 0900 hrs did not have time to argue.

The same day I submitted a written complaint to Accor Customer Services and suggested that they should offer a complimentary room by way of recompense for my inconvenience as Premier inns would do. The ability to have a hot shower is an essential part of the service.

I received no response to this written complaint and thus had to submit a further written complaint 4 days later.

I have now been offered 950 Accor points (worth less than 20 euros) on the basis that the hotel were not given an opportunity to rectify the problem. This was the response of the hotel general manager of Ibis Blackfriars evidently. Given that the fault was only discovered so close to checkout on monday morning what could they have done? There was no time to move to another room!.

I have asked for the email address of the Director of Accor group responsible for Customer Service , which as yet has not been provided.

As a good customer I would have expected that a further nights complimentary stay (which would cost the hotel nothing given that most hotels have empty rooms on sunday nights) would be the least they could do. They would still be gaining revenue from the restaurant and bar and would encourage brand loyalty.

However Accor seem dismissive of my complaint and thus I will be using alternative hotels in future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sablodwyn
Ibis London B, General Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to comment as we appreciate all feedback.
I feel as there has been some mistake in resolving your issue and I would be happy to exchange personally with you.
I would need you to contact me directly to H7943-GM@accor.com to discuss this further.
victoria bc
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for our first time in London. The hotel is very conveniently located a 2 minute walk from the Southwark tube station making it easy to get yourself around town. With transfers, the hotel is easily accessible from the Heathrow Airport. Additionally, the London Waterloo train station is only maybe a 15 minute walk away. This was handy for day trips to areas surrounding London. There are also many restaurants in close walking distance which is nice. The hotel rooms are small but they are clean and modern in decor. The beds were comfortable also. Only things we felt were missing from the room were a mini fridge and a safe. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel a few times and the food was decent but nothing to write home about. Front staff were helpful in giving directions and information on local attractions and check in/out were quick and easy.. All in all we would recommend this hotel for anyone travelling to London in search of a well located, clean and modern hotel at an unbeatable price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hhejjas
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at ibis London Blackfriars.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Loved this place.The breakfast was great. The beds very nice and hotel staff helpful. I would recommend this place for its value and location. Easy access to the tube...just a 2 min walk down the street.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis London Blackfriars. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
St. Gallen, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed 4 days. hotel is just a few steps away from Southwark station. Ibis standard but nicely modern eating area for breakfast and Dinner. Busy at morning for Breakfast, its used by many business people as also Tourists. Friendly staff! Good Value for money!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Scuba_Stevie78
So glad you had an enjoyable time at ibis London Blackfriars! We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.