“Budget hotel with style”

Ibis London Blackfriars
Ranked #259 of 1,075 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked this hotel as we were seeing a show and wanted to spend the weekend in London. Firstly it is situated walking distance from Blackfriars train station and even closer there was Southwark tube station. The hotel is on the South bankside so if like us you enjoy walking the embankment and having a drink along there this hotel is perfect.

We checked in on line so when we arrived we were given our room card straight away, check in was 12 noon, perfect to drop stuff off and enjoy London. The first impression was a good one, the décor very modern and appealing and the whole hotel was very clean, looked new.

Our room was very modern, comfortable bed, clean bathroom and welcoming.

We used the bar in the evening on our return, very nice and the staff were very friendly. Breakfast runs till 12, although we went at 9.30, come 10 it was very busy and people were having to wait to be seated. The range of food provided catered for everyone and the presentation was good.

We would recommend this hotel and would use again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ibis London B, Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis London Blackfriars.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My son and I shared a two twin and my two daughters shared a two twin room. The rooms were very clean and exactly as pictured on the hotel website. Hotel staff were very helpful, courteous and professional. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

So glad you had an enjoyable time at ibis London Blackfriars! We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from 2-6 July 2014. It was the last time I will stay at this brand of hotel. First the good items that warranted any stars. The hotel was clean and well located to the Southwark tube station and the bed was comfortable. That's it. Now the rest, the room is tiny, my wife and I were tripping over each other and there was almost no storage space for out bags or clothes. There was no mini fridge a small set of shelves and only a few hangers. Then there was the "bathroom". This was this odd little pod that was essentially a round fiberglass chamber with no space in the shower for toiletries and no hand towels. The towels that were there could have been used as 100 grit sandpaper. The pod was also tiny. I am 6ft tall and could not put my arms up with the door closed. This was rated a 3star hotel on Booking.com, I can not see how that is justified, Tripadvisors 2 star rating is Even generous.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank docjct
Ibis London B, Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I am sorry that the standard sizes of the room were not at your expectation.
Ibis is a standardise brand with the same size and facilities for all bedrooms.
We appreciate all feedback and will look at the point raise in order to address them where and when applicable.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Ibis Blackfriars is a modern, clean hotel. The rooms are uncluttered and have comfy beds, Breakfast was around £8 or £9 and had a good selection of hot and cold food. Good location too, around 5 or 10 mins from Blackfriars Bridge and the station there or a couple of minutes from Southwark Underground. Would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ediski

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here so we could see Monty Python Live at The 02. We weren't too sure about the location but knew the Ibis brand having used their hotels in several other places. We were not disappointed - typical cleanliness and hospitality, superb breakfasts and very good bar (conveniently open until 12:45 at night for that nightcap after a show or meal).
The immediate area around the hotel (very close to Southwark Underground) was a pleasant surprise - a good choice of restaurants and pubs, notably The Rose & Crown just around the corner. We ate lovely food at EV and Tas, both within 5 mins walk.
St. Paul's, Tate Modern, Westminster Bridge and Buckingham Palace all within comfortable walking distance.
Highly recommend this hotel for your stay in London at a very reasonable price.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gburgham

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at ibis London Blackfriars. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I've spent a lot of time and money in this hotel in recent months. No more though. I've put up with its external noisiness, but the final straw was when they refused to store 1 suitcase from Friday to Monday. That's probably 60 nights of business they've just lost themselves.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Apologies that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at ibis London Blackfriars. For security reason, we are not in a position to keep luggage overnight after departure. I do appreciate the inconvenience you experienced but unfortunately the only alternative would be or would have been to use one of London train station luggage facilities.
(Waterloo station being the closest one).
We still do hope however to have the pleasure to welcome you despite this issue.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at the Ibis Blackfriars hotel for two nights at the end of June. The hotel was modern & classy and our room was just perfect. The room we had was spotless- so clean and I loved it! We stayed in a double en-suite bedroom which had a flatscreen tv with up to date channels. The bed was very comfortable and spacious which made me had a great nights sleep. The bathroom was a great size and had a good amount of space. The shower was powerful and was always hot. The area for the hotel was ideal too- plenty of bars, restaurants and shops nearby too (including Tesco and Sainsburys which were only 5 minutes walk away). Southwark tube station was a 2 minute walk around the corner and Blackfriars station was around a 5-7 minute walk which was so handy. The staff in Ibis Blackfriars were so lovely, friendly, polite and very helpful too. Thank you for such a great stay! We will definitely be back again soon!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Nicola G

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis London Blackfriars in London again very soon.