“Ibis Blackfriars”

Ibis London Blackfriars
Ranked #245 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersPlatinum level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We spent one night here before boarding a cruise ship. The hotel is South of the Thames about a half a block from Southwark station on the Jubilee line. It is a "no frills" hotel but is quite comfortable and would be a fine place to hang your hat as you explore London. There is a small restaurant/breakfast area/bar in the back lobby. Rooms are very clean with nice bathrooms and are furnished in a spartan, but comfortable fashion. The bed and linens were very nice. After breakfast at Terry's Cafe, we walked the neighborhood and had great views of the London Eye and Big Ben from the nearby bridges. Front desk staff are nice and efficient.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ibis London B, Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at ibis London Blackfriars. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Frederic Le Bras,
canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We just enjoyed a stay at this conveniently located hotel. It is right by the Southward underground station so travelling from anywhere in the city including Heathrow airport is a breeze. Several top attractions are within easy walking distance. The rooms are adequately sized for a UK hotel and very well planned out for space efficiency. The room was spotless -- which is important to me. All staff members were friendly and helpful. We appreciated the free Wifi. Rates are fair in the expensive London market. Many shops and restaurants nearby. There is a Tesco express right around the corner which has a decent selection of fruit, vegetables, sandwiches, drinks etc. We would certainly stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis London Blackfriars again very soon.

Frederic Le Bras,
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had a really pleasant stay at the Ibis Blackfriars. My room was clean and comfortable and had everything I needed for a nights stay. All the staff I encountered were very polite, friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again next time i'm in London and would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Ibis London B, Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to ibis London Blackfriars very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked this hotel as we were seeing a show and wanted to spend the weekend in London. Firstly it is situated walking distance from Blackfriars train station and even closer there was Southwark tube station. The hotel is on the South bankside so if like us you enjoy walking the embankment and having a drink along there this hotel is perfect.

We checked in on line so when we arrived we were given our room card straight away, check in was 12 noon, perfect to drop stuff off and enjoy London. The first impression was a good one, the décor very modern and appealing and the whole hotel was very clean, looked new.

Our room was very modern, comfortable bed, clean bathroom and welcoming.

We used the bar in the evening on our return, very nice and the staff were very friendly. Breakfast runs till 12, although we went at 9.30, come 10 it was very busy and people were having to wait to be seated. The range of food provided catered for everyone and the presentation was good.

We would recommend this hotel and would use again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis London Blackfriars.

Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My son and I shared a two twin and my two daughters shared a two twin room. The rooms were very clean and exactly as pictured on the hotel website. Hotel staff were very helpful, courteous and professional. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
So glad you had an enjoyable time at ibis London Blackfriars! We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Connecticut
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from 2-6 July 2014. It was the last time I will stay at this brand of hotel. First the good items that warranted any stars. The hotel was clean and well located to the Southwark tube station and the bed was comfortable. That's it. Now the rest, the room is tiny, my wife and I were tripping over each other and there was almost no storage space for out bags or clothes. There was no mini fridge a small set of shelves and only a few hangers. Then there was the "bathroom". This was this odd little pod that was essentially a round fiberglass chamber with no space in the shower for toiletries and no hand towels. The towels that were there could have been used as 100 grit sandpaper. The pod was also tiny. I am 6ft tall and could not put my arms up with the door closed. This was rated a 3star hotel on Booking.com, I can not see how that is justified, Tripadvisors 2 star rating is Even generous.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank docjct
I am sorry that the standard sizes of the room were not at your expectation.
Ibis is a standardise brand with the same size and facilities for all bedrooms.
We appreciate all feedback and will look at the point raise in order to address them where and when applicable.

Best regards,