“very comfy stay”

Ibis London Blackfriars
Ranked #268 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I would definately recommend, Southwark station round the corner, very clean, friendly efficient staff and great service(on booking and during stay), good wi fi service(not slow), wide selection of food items at breakfast and food was always fresh and tasty. Breakfast was very busy during the weekend but probably due to the fact that we visited during a busy period. Will visit again !

Room Tip: The family room we booked was not very big but it was very comfortable. We read other reviews and re...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Ibis London B, Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis London Blackfriars..

Assistant General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,448)

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights as part of our mini moon, the hotel is situated 10 minutes from most things you need. Check in was fine reception was very helpful. Room was clean enough. I paid extra to have a panoramic view of London ... What a joke!! It was a panoramic view of a load of bricks lol I was expecting to see the eye from my room at least, don't waste your money on that, can't comment on food as didn't eat there, drinks are over priced for the price of rooms... They charge the same as the savoy I think for drinks lol my only complaint would be that at 9:30am room service were walking in to the room while I was snoozing?? What's that all about?? May I suggest you ask ppl to hand in their key cards so house keeping knows who's in and out .. Or checked out! Didn't replace any towels on second day or change the sheets which I thought was poor. I would only stay again on price.

Stayed: August 2014

Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis London Blackfriars very soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend in London. The hotel is in good shape and clean. The staff was friendly. The room was a bit small, but that is to be expected in London. There was little noise form the outside from our side of the hotel. But you could hear the nearby rooms a little in the night, and therefore some nightly activities.

The breakfast was chaotic both early and late, but perhaps even more late. There was simply enough space for everyone to eat even when they used sofas in the lobby. We sat in the sofa once and it was't good as the table was so low. The lines for coffee was also very long. Would recommend getting breakfast outside the hotel.

The location of the hotel is pretty good as there is a tube stop and a bus stop almost next to the hotel. But note that the tube-line don't go northwards, so you might have to change lines once or twice to get to main locations in London. We had to order a taxi once. We asked the staff if there was ones driving by in the street, but they insisted on booking one for us. It arrived quickly but the driver did not know his way around London! In addition he charged more than normal taxis in London. So I would not recommend getting a cab trough the staff.

All in all. A pleasant modern and clean hotel. Friendly staff. But eat breakfast elsewhere and order your trips yourself.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please rest assured that I will take note of your comments and the matter will be addressed. I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis London Blackfriars very soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Out of three trips to London, this is by far my favorite place I have stayed. Blackfriars is less busy than other areas and was much quieter. The underground is a stone's throw away, grocery stores are a quick walk, and the river is in sight. The staff was very helpful with directions. The restaurant had a great menu, and the lobby is perfect for visiting with friends or reading a book. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side opposite of the road
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Becca B
Ibis London B, Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at [hotel name] in [destination]. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We were there for a 4 night stay & it is in a good location with the tube station 50m away. The room was very clean, the bed & pillows were comfort plus for us! The room was also at a great price for the location.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne W
Ibis London B, Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in June, in order to be near the West End. I can't fault it. Comfortable, clean rooms. Staff who were friendly and very helpful. Good food. When we explained that we were going to the theatre, they served our food quickly to help us.
I'm beginning to think that hotels and restaurants should be judged by how happy the staff are. At this hotel we got the impression that the staff enjoyed working there. I'd definitely use the Blackfriars Ibis again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jackie T

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis London Blackfriars again very soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

If you are looking for a comfortable hotel near the southbank then definitely consider this one. It's much in keeping with all of the chain hotels - all the rooms are identical, the shower room is a plastic tub but it is clean and modern. The staff were friendly at the desk and breakfast was good, although a little bit pricey at £9. Make the most of the location though and just walk everywhere- keep in mind it is closer to southwark station than blackfriars and the young vic is less than 5 minutes walk from here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Ibis London B, Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014