Lowest prices for your stay
US$127
eDreams
ibisUS$127
Hotels.comUS$127
4,295 results
All reviews jubilee line south bank london eye tube station tate modern walking distance minute walk comfortable bed early check excellent location london bridge stayed here for nights business trip convenient location short stay rooms are small thames
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2019

The best part about the hotel is its location, in my opinion. Just 2 minutes from Southwark station, and a few minutes walk to Blackfriars bridge. There are loads of nice restaurants and bars in the Southwark/Waterloo area.

The rooms are standard Ibis, basic but mostly well-appointed. There are coffee and tea making facilities, which are replenished daily. The air-con worked really well, which was good as the bank-holiday weekend was a scorcher.

Check-in was extremely quick, and check-out was a simple card-drop. Most of the staff were friendly and said hello as you walked in.

We didn't pre-pay for breakfast, but you can decided on the morning and pay as you enter the breakfast area. It's a standard £10.50 per person, and the selection is very varied. Good value actually, as you'd end up paying that for a muffin and a coffee in Starbucks.

When we arrived, we didn't feel the bathroom had been cleaned well enough. (Room 1206) There were thick dark hairs left on the floor and walls. There wasn't a single hand towel left over our three night stay. Bear in mind that the shampoo/conditioner/shower gel is an all-in-one mounted on the wall, if you usually rely on hotel toiletries.

Also, the Iron hadn't been cleaned out in long time, as when I turned it on, it spat out brown liquid all over my husband's clean shirt. We sponged most of it out, but it was very annoying.

I would probably recommend the hotel, if you were looking for a budget hotel in the area, however even though this is London, I still felt it was over-priced.

2  Thank EmilyH846
Ibis London B, Guest Experience at Ibis London Blackfriars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2019

Dear EmilyH846,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I am truly sorry to hear that the housekeeping service didn't meet your expectations during your stay.
At ibis London Blackfriars, we strive to provide a positive service experience for every guest, and your feedback is very important to us. Therefore, I would like to thank you for bringing these points to our attention and enable us to take the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent any future occurrence.
Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Nonetheless, I am happy to see that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the friendliness of our team, and that the air-con made your stay more pleasant in these hot days.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again!

Reviewed 29 August 2019

The Ibis is a bare bones but reliable chain of hotels. We had stayed in one in Brazil 2 years prior, and the room was a total clone! The bare minimum you need for a comfortable stay in terms of amenities and decor. Note that the bathrooms are very, very small - with standing shower only and just enough room to turn around, step in and step out of the shower. In our room, at least, the bathroom was also a step up off the floor. What I really want to give a heads up about, though, is this chain's no-refund policy. I know no other hotel as strict about not allowing adjustments on non-refundable rooms. We needed to change the date of a second reservation here by 2 days, due to an error I made when we booked. We were told we could not make any changes because our room was non-refundable. I said, we don't want a refund, we just want to change the date. They said no, repeatedly, even when the website through which I booked tried to intervene (3 times). Fortunately, after repeating this story in my original review on this website, I finally got a reply. After a few emails back-and-forth, I was finally told that “the staff could have been more flexible” in dealing with my case, and I got the refund. But it should not have come to this. Yes, I am (very!) grateful that someone took notice and was kind enough to issue me back my lost money (thank you!). But I am not thrilled at what I had to go through before getting the refund more than a month after the trip. Another thing to keep in mind – when you enter your email address upon check-in, you are automatically signed up for their direct emails and membership program. I wasn’t warned about this, and it was another strike against the hotel chain to me. Would I book with Ibis again? Maybe. Certainly not a non-refundable room, though.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank jlm2053
Reviewed 26 August 2019

Stayed here with a tour group and was pleasantly surprised. Great complementary breakfast and the staff was super nice and helpful. Conveniently located within walking distance to River Thames and The Tube. Would stay again.

1  Thank DJ8421
Ibis London B, Guest Experience at Ibis London Blackfriars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2019

Dear DJ8421,

Thank you for your heartwarming review about your stay in ibis London Blackfriars!
We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the quality of our breakfast and the friendliness of out team.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back for your next visit and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2019

Excellent hotel, with a very dynamic and kind staff. Comfortable room and very quiet. Delicious breakfast. Good location- near Jubilee line , Blackfriars and Waterloo - very easy to catch the underground, buses and trains. Everything was perfect!
We loved to stay there!
Definitely the best choice in London!!!
A huge thank you for the Ibis Blackfriars Team!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Tourist26698443320
Ibis London B, Guest Experience at Ibis London Blackfriars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2019

Dear Tourist26698443320,

Thank you for your lovely comments!
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will happily pass along the thanks and compliments to the team.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again for your next visit!

Reviewed 13 August 2019 via mobile

Just back from a 2 night stay here. Really fantastic place. Rooms clean and a comfortable bed. Bathrooms small but has everything you need. Tea making facilities and iron in the room. Staff friendly and helpful. Great breakfast which we paid extra for. Very close to London centre, about a 10 Minuit walk to St. Paul’s. Really lovely trip. Highly recommended

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank MatthewD487
Ibis London B, Guest Experience at Ibis London Blackfriars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2019

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments!
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, the friendliness of our team and the quality of our breakfast.
It will truly be a pleasure to welcome you again in the future!